Halogen Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halogen Software Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2017

Leadership Interview

Interview

First interview was a phone screen by talent acquisition manager. This was followed by an in-depth phone interview. The in-depth phone interview was followed by an in-person interview at corporate headquarters.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Halogen Software (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Long ... about 8 weeks in total. At first, things seemed to move efficiently and then there would be long periods of silence. At one point in the process, I was asked to create some work samples as part of the interview process, presumably to review my skills but I received no feedback on the samples at all -- irritating, since I was asked to turn them around quickly while I was out of town on a family holiday. I was also asked to complete a personality assessment type thing, which I never heard the results on. All in all, it was fine, but could have been more professionally handled. I needed the job and I was very happy to accept the offer when it finally came.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher performance bonus and a slightly higher base salary.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Halogen Software (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was all by phone. Spent a lot of time on the phone with the lead of the department. He was friendly spoke well of the company. When it came to following up, he never did it. He let me know I was selected for the next round of interviews, but then completely disappeared never returned calls. Then 3 months later called me back, and explained that he was on a whirlwind trip with the company, he booked a phone interview - never called at the time he said he would. I followed up, and he didn't return my calls. A few other people I know have had the same experience with him. This was a total turn off of ever wanting to work at Halogen.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halogen Software (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was referred by my friend to apply this job. The HR sent email to me in a very short time after submitting the application. He told me that he would arrange a time for me with a team. After two weeks, I still didn't get any response from them, even that they had recruited some one. I asked the HR that when I was able to get the interview because I was really interested in that position. The response was positive that he said we were in a busy progress and he was trying to arrange a time for me. After exact one month, I got an email from him says that we have already hired someone else. I didn't reply any more.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Halogen Software (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

The two interviewers asked very specific questions regarding best practice methodologies and provided hypothetical situations regarding urgent deliverable that were needed. The interview process was about 45 minutes long, and there was an entire section on what aspects of the research process were found the most challenging.

Interview Questions

• What part of the research process do you find the most challenging in making sure data collected remains valid and unbiased?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halogen Software (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Went through several interviews and meetings - everything was positive and was told they were excited - gave me a date that they would confirm everything - went silent - no calls on date given. I had to call and it took several calls to get an answer. Told they did not get back to me because they were traveling (as if there's no internet in the UK). Disappointing hiring process and HR group.

Sales Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Halogen Software (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Following a phone interview was a second interview that was actually an unstructured conversation where we delved into the sales process, markets, future plans for growth, etc. The sales manager was very knowledgeable and the interview itself was very enjoyable. I was surprised at both the lack of technical questions and how I was not asked at all about my educational background and experience. I did try, however, to insert the information about my own background that I thought was the most relevant into the 'conversation.'

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me why you think you are the right person for the job   Answer Question

Customer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Halogen Software (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online for about 3 months and didn't get any response so i went to the office personally to meet with the HR manager. He was a very pleasant and polite guy and asked for my name. I got an email from Him about 3 days later with a phone interview appointment

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral questions e.g. tell us about yourself, Describe a situation where you had to do something extraordinary at work etc   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Interview

The interview process appeared to be thorough, fair and an efficient process. The human resources contact and hiring manager seemed very capable. They were very interested in finding the absolute best candidate for the position. They indicated that it is a very fast-paced environment to work in and that they enjoyed working at the company.

Software Automation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halogen Software (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

HR contacted through email after submitting resume in Career fair. (30 mins telephonic round)
    Then she scheduled a face to face interview with the hiring manager including 2 more tech leads.
    He then handed me the java questions to check if i knew the basics of java.(took roughly 1.5 hour)
    Later in week HR informed me about the decision by email.

Interview Questions

• HR questions were mostly based on resume. Very simple.
      Hiring manager asked few behavioural question, some questions on project and courses I took. How would you test any software, UI Testing, Silk, Selinium etc. also asked programming question related to object oriented concepts(abstraction, polymorphism etc) SQL query based questions.   Answer Question
    • He then asked if i checked the halogen website
      He asked me if i ever did automation testing   Answer Question