Hamburg Sud North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hamburg Sud North America Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2017

2.8

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hamburg Sud North America.

Interview

Phone interview to discuss my background and credentials. We reviewed my resume and talked about the open position. I was able to learn a little bit about what they are doing here in the Miami office. We also discuss my foreign language proficiency and how that would help with the position.

Interview Questions

• Q: Given your background, why are you interested in working with Hamburg Sud?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hamburg Sud North America (Morristown, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extremely well done. HR did an excellent job describing the type of company and industry. The interview was scheduled timely and conducted professionally. The process did not take as long as other companies.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the maritime industry?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hamburg Sud North America.

Interview

Received phone call and was interviewed over phone by HR, was asked moderate level questions. Asked to come in for interview, interview was long and was interviewed by HR and then by department manager. Was then asked to take a computer test of my skills presented. Receive offer within few days and accepted.

Administrator/Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hamburg Sud North America (Morristown, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I was scheduled to meet with HR for a 1:1 interview for approx. 1 hour. I was there for 2 hours and met with 3 people.

The interviewers tried to give as much detail as possible about the job, which can be very helpful, however they made the job come off as impossible rather than something desirable and attainable, especially as this was for an entry/possibly junior level position. They asked some basic questions, and one of the interviewers asked if I was familiar with very senior level information.

Very traditional/old school in how they handle procedures and dress code. They stressed the importance of formality and how the company is VERY corporate.

After the interview, they requested that I complete their 10 page application, background check, 3 online Microsoft skills tests, and a follow up phone call. They were prepared to offer me the position after all this was completed, and rescinded the offer last minute.

Interview Questions

• Am I comfortable with excel skills? Do I need benefits/FT? Can I keep information confidential (employee info)?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hamburg Sud North America (Morristown, NJ).

Interview

A recruiter from the HR department called me and immediately started asking me questions. She was very friendly and proceeded to tell me what a wonderful company that Hamburg SUD was. She made it a point to say that people there dress professionally. Then she asked if I would be willing to work as a contract employee (the position advertised was not a contract position). Then she said that she wanted to bring me in that week for a face to face interview but needed to find out the hiring manager's schedule; she would call me back that day. She never called or contacted me. Was this professional? Is this the way that interviewees are treated? Treat candidates with respect!!! I usually check glassdoor first, but must have forgotten in this case. Had I done that, I would have never applied to this company.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work as a contract employee?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hamburg Sud North America (Miami, FL).

Interview

The HR person was nice, the hiring manager was also nice however the reviews are dead on correct about senior managers (mostly German expats) being a little arrogant. They are not bad people just arrogant.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hamburg Sud North America in July 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Human Resources who are located in New Jersey. The interview was scheduled for the morning but was postponed to later in the day after I waited an hour for a phone call and was only informed when my recruiter called me. I was instructed to be prepared for a curt, challenging interview and I was prepped on what questions would be asked. I had a hard time following the questioning since I was interrupted numerous times, and questioned regarding the validity of my answers.

Interview Questions

• How will you differentiate Hamburg Sud in the marketplace which is extremely competitive?   1 Answer

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hamburg Sud North America (Morristown, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

I went through a recruiter. I got a phone call for an in person interview and the interview was very short and simple. I got a call from them about 2 days later offering a job.

Product Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hamburg Sud North America (Miami, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

They will first conduct a brief overview with your direct supervisor. During that interview, they will give you a short timed quiz of about 30 questions and they give you roughly 5 minutes to answer. The quiz has fairly simple questions, however, some can be quite tricky. The overall purpose the exam is to see how intelligent you are, if you can think critically, and how you handle pressure. If the interview goes well, they give you a call back usually that same week and then you interview with the regional boss (your boss's boss) and finally with the Regional Human Resource director for your job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current employer?   1 Answer

Vessel Planner Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hamburg Sud North America (Morristown, NJ) in September 2009.

Interview

nope