Hamilton County Department of Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hamilton County Department of Education Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hamilton County Department of Education

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hamilton County Department of Education in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the county website. My interview experience was good. There are general work experience questions, questions about experience working with students, and scenario questions. Had an in person interview then was hired a day or two later.

Interview Questions

• What do you know or what experience do you have with students with autism?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hamilton County Department of Education (Chattanooga, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

I was called by the school to set up an appointment. I met with the principal and vice principal. They were extremely interested in approaches to teaching reading. I took several copies of my resume with me for them to look at during the interview and they seemed to appreciate this. If you have a portfolio it would be a good idea to take it in case they would like to look at your work.

Interview Questions

• How would you organize and run a small group for reading?   Answer Question

Site Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hamilton County Department of Education (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2013.

Interview

I had to sit in front of two supervisors, and the director of childcare. They asked me a series of questions (roughly 30 min), and then took me into another room to write a short essay.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hamilton County Department of Education in June 2012.

Interview

Not to bad, spoke to principal and answered basic questions. As always you have to very enthusiastic and answer questions the way a great teacher would answer. Make sure that you make it clear that you can do whatever is asked of you throughout the year.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry parent in the classroom that was full of students.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hamilton County Department of Education (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2011.

Interview

Most principals email prospective candidates from those who apply online. Some will call you to set up an interview, but most email. The interview could be just you & the principal or it could be an interview committee with several other faculty members. Each school asks different questions, but mostly about classroom management plans, etc.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: What was the last book you read for pleasure?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is none.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hamilton County Department of Education (Chattanooga, TN) in March 2010.

Interview

I was contacted at the beginning of the work week for an interview. The interview was very casual and consisted of the principal and assistant principal. They asked me about 10 questions. Though I don't remember specifics, they were no questions that stood out as being unusual. I went in and I was just myself, answering the questions honestly. I found out the next day that I was being considered for the job.

Interview Questions

• What differentiates you from other candidates?   1 Answer
    • What special talents are you willing to contribute?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate the salary. Teachers are paid on the number of years of experience they have.