Hamilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hamilton (Reno, NV).

Interview

Be yourself, understand the job, understand your gaps, strengths and weaknesses. Not difficult but be thoughtful. Be friendly and casual. Do not be over formal or try to be correct with every answer, not necessary. Be aware of behavioral questions and plan well for that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hamilton type questions, more behavioral than skill based.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hamilton (Reno, NV) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screening about your background with a few technical questions. Nothing too serious. On-site group interview lasted a few hours. We mostly discussed past projects, project architecture/design, and other past experience. No technical coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe and draw a diagram of a past project's design in terms of classes, interfaces used, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hamilton (Reno, NV).

Interview

I wasn't looking for a job. I was contacted by someone in HR. Initial phone interview with the recruiter. Second phone interview by someone in software. I was brought in to interview with a team (HR, Software, Engineering Manager).

Interview Questions

• The questions were really in two areas (technical and cultural). Very knowledgeable software team. It was also good to understand the culture.   Answer Question

Electro-Mechanical Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hamilton (Reno, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

I spoke to Eddie at a job fair and he was informative and seemed interested in me. A few days later he called me and asked if I would like to come in for an interview which was set for the next day. He sent me an application and a list of benefits. They had me take a pre-employment test consisting of a basic English skills assessment, a math and reasoning assessment and an assessment of my attention to detail. After we finished we set another appointment to meet with the department supervisors. If I had not had to return to my current job we would have done that directly following the initial interview. We toured the facility, they showed me some of their current projects, and they asked me about my experience. I could tell right away that the job wasn't for me, I was looking to get more experience with electronics but this was primarily a mechanical assembly job. I was to speak to the HR manager next and I believe they would have offered me the job but I withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic interview questions. Tell me about yourself kind of stuff. When it came time for me to ask questions he was very forthcoming and answered to the best of his ability.   Answer Question

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hamilton (Reno, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

Very basic. First went on a tour around the facility and got a little history review of the company. Next, sat in a room where at three different times, an engineer came in from a different department and asked a few technical questions. Very friendly environment, didn't get the internship but was impressed by the kind workplace.

Credit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hamilton (Reno, NV) in April 2014.

Interview

Multi-level, they were very complete and asked a lot of questions. Had to take a personality, math, and other test. Formal setting in small office. The questions were situational as well as personal.

Interview Questions

• What I think I can bring to the table that no one else could?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hamilton (Reno, NV) in February 2013.

Interview

You are brought in an talk to HR and then seated in the lobby. After waiting 10-20minutes you are escorted to the interviewing area in the building. Then wait an additional 10 minutes in room by yourself. The manager then shows up and starts an interrogation of all past experiences. After the unpleasant experience the rest of the team is brought in and you get asked the same questions again. Once that is over, they take you on tour to meet other workers and see the machinery you will design. Unbelievably, it's not over yet, you are then escorted to HR to be asked the half the same questions again. Don't worry, you can feel the judgement flowing off HR. Rumor has it, they practice mind reading and voodoo to make their final decision. Finally, after about 3 hours you are done.

Interview Questions

• How did (blank) work? What about this or that? What was this or that made of? How was this or that made?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hamilton in February 2012.

Interview

I submitted a resume directly through the company website and received scheduling phone call. I then had an informal lunch interview with the Sr. Field Applications Manager to discuss the actual position and any of my concerns. I then had another formal lunch interview the following week with the local sales team covering much of the same information. The next day I received a phone call verbally offering me the position and two days later I had the offer packet in the mail.

Interview Questions

• What my comfort level was with international travel.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hamilton (Reno, NV) in July 2010.

Interview

I was flown in to Reno and they rented a car for me and reserved a hotel room. I enjoyed being treated well in that way. The employment agent said that if they flew me in that I was almost certain to get an offer.

During the interview, it became obvious that someone on the team did not want me to be hired - it was as if they were trying to search for a question that I couldn't answer. What's more, while one interviewer disagreed with my answer, when I got home, I found my answer was more correct than his.

I got home and wrote a thank you note. I never heard anything back from them - no response even from the employment agency. What happened here? Since I go to the trouble to come to Reno, the least they could do is let me know they decided not to hire me. I am probably the right person for the job. While they offer a full relocation package, their benefit package is very stingy. Why would I want to work for them?

Field Applications Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hamilton (Seattle, WA) in February 2010.

Interview

We simply chatted for about 40 minutes, nothing technical discussed. I thought it was going fine however the interviewer didn't think I'd prefer the amount of travel involved and that was that. Perhaps there was some internal disagreement over the need for the position and it covered too large of an area, I don't know. I was asked if I'd be willing to relocate to Reno and I told them no. Overall it was a rather odd experience.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate to Reno?   1 Answer