Hamilton Lane Advisors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hamilton Lane Advisors Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hamilton Lane Advisors.

Interview

Three round process - first round was a 30min fit phone call, second was a round of 4 30min interviews in the office, third round was a second set of interviews in the office. The first round of interviews began with an Excel test, and the interviews were with associates. The second round was with the more senior members.

Interview Questions

• How are you with Excel? What is your prior experience with private equity? What experience do you have in creating deliverables?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hamilton Lane Advisors (Bala Cynwyd, PA).

Interview

The interviews start with an HR screening via a phone interview, a second round of in person interviews with 2 VPs or other managers, and then individuals are brought in for shorter interviews with multiple people across different departments. Overall the interview was very pleasant

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hamilton Lane Advisors (Bala Cynwyd, PA).

Interview

Applied online. Went through a phone interview and then one day of in person interviews. Each interview was about 15-20 minutes long and it was a series of 5 interviews with 1-2 people in each interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the probability you draw 4 aces from a deck of 52 cards.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hamilton Lane Advisors in October 2015.

Interview

Very Typical Interview Process. First Round of Interviews. Broad resume run through and personality questions. Interviewed with a man and a woman. Both worked at the company and were VPs but they did not work within the quant analyst division. They seemed friendly and the interview was conducted smoothly. Helpful and tried to answer as many questions as possible. Were no from the same division so did not know a lot of the specifics of the job I was interviewing for which was a bummer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Hamilton Lane Advisors.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR rep, was then brought in and met with head of Marketing and person whose job the new position would be filling. Was brought back in again about a week later and met with the same individuals again for a casual conversation, and then interviewed with 2 members of the investment team. Called by HR about a week later to come in to meet 4 more members of the analyst team. Received a call about a week later saying they went with another candidate with more experience.

Overall, an average experience. I was initially told there would only be 2 in-person interviews, so I thought by the 3rd one I probably had the job and they just wanted me to meet more people. Clearly wrong. There was an HR issue before the 3rd in-person interview when I was told the interview would be either Monday or Tuesday and then was not told a time until 2 hours before the interview. I had to reschedule because I had made a prior commitment, though I think HR took full responsibility for it.

The questions were really not very pressing. Because it was a for a new position, I think they realized that it was better to go with someone with much more experience than I had.

Interview Questions

• If a news station calls unexpectedly to cancel one of our executives for an interview, how would you handle the situation if no one is able to help from your department?   Answer Question

Secondary Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hamilton Lane Advisors (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

Four one-on-one interviews. Very few technical questions during the interview. The technical part was saved for the excel evaluation which focused on your knowledge of fundamental finance topics important to private equity as well as your excel skills. There was also a case study for which you had to write a short essay.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hamilton Lane Advisors (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in May 2009.

Interview

General behavior questions. Interviewers are respectful and nice. There is a skill test in the end for basic spreadsheet skills and writing an essay.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hamilton Lane Advisors (Seoul (South Korea)) in November 2016.

Interview

1st round with analyst level and associate level
    2nd round with Asian head

The first round was about fit questions.
    Had the 2nd round interview at the lunch place
    I enjoyed it but did not get an offer.

Analyst Interview

Interview

12 rounds of extremely short (10min) interviews. All were with different people and almost every level of the company, including the CEO. Pretty cool stuff!

Interview Questions

• Sell me this blackberry (hands it over)   1 Answer

Receptiontist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hamilton Lane Advisors in June 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 Managing Directors and 4 Vice Presidents as well as my direct boss. I was asked the same questions 6 times and have to provide the same answers 6 times as well. The interview process took two meetings as they were too busy to meet me at the scheduled times slots.

Interview Questions

• How would you make this small office of 16 better organized?   Answer Question