Hammacher Schlemmer & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hammacher Schlemmer & Co. Interview Questions

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hammacher Schlemmer & Co.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hammacher Schlemmer & Co..

Interview

I was called by HR within a couple days of applying and I set up an interview for the following week. The interview was about an hour and a half long, with two separate employees. It was very laid back and I did not feel intimidated. I was offered the job the next day, and accepted.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite Excel formula?   1 Answer

WITH ECOMMERCE Interview

Interview

It felt rushed and the recruiter painted a picture that the team was cutting edge. Needed to fill quick. Interviewed with everyone in one day because I was with another company at the time. Sr. Manager, director, vice president.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not budge, but paid be in the top 75% of the salary range. Benefits such and you do not get them until 90 days...most people don't get that far. New ESOP is a tax inventive, not a benefit. Cannot use dental until 15 months after hire.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hammacher Schlemmer & Co. in March 2014.

Interview

Met with several members of the team. Prior to that there was a phone screen with someone in HR. My resume was submitted through a friend for employee referral. The in person interview portion took place on one day and lasted for about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major?

What attracts you to the marketing field?   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase.

ECommerce Merchandising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hammacher Schlemmer & Co. (Niles, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

A little weird in that I only did a quick screening with a recruiter and an onsite with one person (who wasn't my direct manager). Interviewed in the indoor "jungle" which was different from any interview I'd had before. Questions for this role were largely use case based, but the role was so broad in it's responsibilities that there was a bit of discussion about what in my background would fit the various day-to-day tasks.

Interview Questions

• Questions revolved around the business and how I would analyze certain things. Many use case type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate extra PTO time. Negotiate any technology you want because otherwise you'll never get it after the fact (ie. laptop, extra monitor).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hammacher Schlemmer & Co. (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

I interviewed at Hammacher Schlemmer at their office, just NE of Ohare. The office is very impressive with a lot of plants and even an area with a small water garden area.

However, it was clear that this place has high turnover because no one I met with had been there for more than 2 years. The HR person was very reluctant to discuss this.

Interview Questions

• They asked standard questions about my background and what other skills I may have to offer.   Answer Question
    • They asked how I would adapt to a rapidly changing position with little to no leadership/training.   Answer Question

People seemed unsure about their own jobs and what my tasks would be.

The money was a little less than I was expecting for this position.