Hampton Inn Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hampton Inn Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.0

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview

At this location it, it was really easy because I had 3 years experience. So I didn't have an interview. But they will review your resume, give you a call to set up an interview, and talk about what is next if they want to hire you.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hampton Inn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

it was a very long day i was told to come and do the interview at 3pm .. i went there and was asked so many questions but overall it was good although i wasnt given the job . it gave me an in-sight on what to expect at other interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trophy Club, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Trophy Club, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional. Told me she likes to go out to bars a lot and likes to party with her co workers. Asked VERY irrelevant questions. Seemed uninterested in her job. Spoke very quietly. People at the front desk were very rude. Just unprofessional over all.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hampton Inn in June 2016.

Interview

I got called for a phone interview and had an interview with the front desk manager and the GM and they loved me and was pleasantly surprised by how much I knew about working the front desk, ( I been to a lot of hotels so know about the duties) the front desk agent said I won him over and I had a face to face interview the next day with him and went great and got scheduled with the gm that Friday and it went great and she gave me her card to email professional references in which I did. This is where I got confused because she never called my references, I called and asked the people i used because I was excited about the position. And I received a rejection letter minutes later. I feel its because I didn't have any experience but they knew that by looking at my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was sort of like a game. Walked the hotel to find problem areas, interview was about 3 hours long and was finally called back 3 weeks later for the position.

Interview Questions

• What I can bring to the table, What have I done in the past. The usual questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room to negotiate. What they had in mind is set in stone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Woodbridge, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was short and sweet and they asked ton of questions. they showed me the facillties and introduced me to the staff. I hope to have been offered a position that paid a bit more. after all of that the offer was too low for my liking. i hope we could have negotiated a bit more to a better hourly rate but i like them and will continue to apply.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I came in and was greeted by the front desk associate and I informed her I was there for an interview. I sat for a few minutes and waited the manager. We sat near the dining area, he asked basic interview questions for a customer service type job. I don't have hotel experience so he asked what made me want to work there. All around it was a great, easy going interview that last about 15 minutes. At the end the manager said he enjoyed interviewing w/ me & he really thought I fit the job well. He said he would be in touch in a few days. I was disappointed when he called to say someone else who had experience was offered the position because it's an entry level position and the job offer didn't specify that experience was required.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • How do you future career goals line up with this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Daly City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

easy read off paper. they were not so experienced at interviewing and tried to scare you. but once you get past it, its so easy. management tries too hard to seem hard, and make a big deal about everything when its so simple.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hampton Inn in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about a week or two later to come in for an interview with the operations manager. She asked basic interview questions for the job, nothing too hard. She thought I would be great for their team and set me up for a 2nd interview with the general manager. She asked a couple customer service questions and said I had the job but she just wanted to meet me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you had with a dissatisified customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Minimum wage.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview

I emailed my resume' to the general manager. She called me a couple of days later and I was scheduled for an interview the following day. When I went to the interview I as hired on the spot. I began training for the job 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• The main question I was asked was to describe my personality. The interviewer explained she was looking for good personalities because skills can be taught but personality cannot.   Answer Question