Hampton Inn Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

1.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn in June 2017.

Interview

So far..., it's been a pleasant experience. I first had to apply in person and I was impressed to find that most of the current employees were not all under the age of 25. I felt very comfortable because the staff seemed genuinely nice. I received a call the next day (Fri) and went to the interview Monday. The hiring manager appeared knowledgable and down to earth. I kind of sensed that she was looking for someone 'specific' to fill the position. She made comments more than she asked questions and it quite possibly could have been the shortest interview I've ever had. 6-8 minutes? She stated that she would be calling me for a second interview....??

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation/do you drive yourself?   1 Answer
  • The distance between (the hotel) and.....(where you live) won't be an issue for you?   1 Answer
  • The available shift has the hours of ......Will you be available to work (these particular hours)?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hampton Inn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Santa Rosa, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They were about 20 minutes late to the interview, met with the manager, then the GM. Tried to be friendly but I felt constantly stared at. It was okay, not the best interview. Awkward all around and I was the one trying to make them feel comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

it was a very long day i was told to come and do the interview at 3pm .. i went there and was asked so many questions but overall it was good although i wasnt given the job . it gave me an in-sight on what to expect at other interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trophy Club, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Trophy Club, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional. Told me she likes to go out to bars a lot and likes to party with her co workers. Asked VERY irrelevant questions. Seemed uninterested in her job. Spoke very quietly. People at the front desk were very rude. Just unprofessional over all.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hampton Inn in June 2016.

Interview

I got called for a phone interview and had an interview with the front desk manager and the GM and they loved me and was pleasantly surprised by how much I knew about working the front desk, ( I been to a lot of hotels so know about the duties) the front desk agent said I won him over and I had a face to face interview the next day with him and went great and got scheduled with the gm that Friday and it went great and she gave me her card to email professional references in which I did. This is where I got confused because she never called my references, I called and asked the people i used because I was excited about the position. And I received a rejection letter minutes later. I feel its because I didn't have any experience but they knew that by looking at my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I came in and was greeted by the front desk associate and I informed her I was there for an interview. I sat for a few minutes and waited the manager. We sat near the dining area, he asked basic interview questions for a customer service type job. I don't have hotel experience so he asked what made me want to work there. All around it was a great, easy going interview that last about 15 minutes. At the end the manager said he enjoyed interviewing w/ me & he really thought I fit the job well. He said he would be in touch in a few days. I was disappointed when he called to say someone else who had experience was offered the position because it's an entry level position and the job offer didn't specify that experience was required.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Troy, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Walked in and filled out a paper application, was asked to come back for an interview the next day. Interview was very brief, and he kept cutting me off.. which was extremely rude. He then told me that he doesn't like to do "hour long interviews" and told me he would contact me that night or tomorrow. Never received a call, four days later I left a message for him to follow up and still never heard from him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (New Orleans, LA) in July 2015.

Interview

Made me feel welcome and focused on my strengths that I would bring to the team. Not a interview full of the same old questions you always get asked in interviews. They let your experience speak for itself.

Interview Questions

• Do you have open availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I walked in person, had a 15 min interview with the front office management, was given a business card with link to some online enquiries and tests. 30 min long, two parts, multiply choices first, then some simple IQ related math questions. Followed up, was told they are still deciding and interviewing people.

Interview Questions

• example of exceptional customer service you have provided   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview

Saw the ad on Craigslist and sent a resume. They called the next day to set up an interview. I was interviewed by two people and it was a lot like a normal conversation. They asked what shifts I'd be willing to work, how my previous positions prepared me for the job, and why I recently relocated to the area. They were impressed that I had researched the company and told me it was a great interview, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• How does your past work experience apply to this position?   Answer Question