Hampton Inn Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

1.9

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn in June 2017.

Interview

So far..., it's been a pleasant experience. I first had to apply in person and I was impressed to find that most of the current employees were not all under the age of 25. I felt very comfortable because the staff seemed genuinely nice. I received a call the next day (Fri) and went to the interview Monday. The hiring manager appeared knowledgable and down to earth. I kind of sensed that she was looking for someone 'specific' to fill the position. She made comments more than she asked questions and it quite possibly could have been the shortest interview I've ever had. 6-8 minutes? She stated that she would be calling me for a second interview....??

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation/do you drive yourself?   1 Answer
  • The distance between (the hotel) and.....(where you live) won't be an issue for you?   1 Answer
  • The available shift has the hours of ......Will you be available to work (these particular hours)?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hampton Inn

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Tacoma, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

the interview process was very professional, asked about job fit, strengths and weaknesses and how you can contribute to the company. manager was informative and described job function, compensation and expectations.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Nashville, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

Filled out an application and spoke with the General Manager. She looked over my application and asked me pertinent questions. She called me back a week later to meet with her again and then she offered me the position!

Interview Questions

• How would I handed conflict.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Santa Rosa, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They were about 20 minutes late to the interview, met with the manager, then the GM. Tried to be friendly but I felt constantly stared at. It was okay, not the best interview. Awkward all around and I was the one trying to make them feel comfortable.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview

At this location it, it was really easy because I had 3 years experience. So I didn't have an interview. But they will review your resume, give you a call to set up an interview, and talk about what is next if they want to hire you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

it was a very long day i was told to come and do the interview at 3pm .. i went there and was asked so many questions but overall it was good although i wasnt given the job . it gave me an in-sight on what to expect at other interviews

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn in January 2017.

Interview

Well defetly the interview process was in a very professional manner. Mark was great and very respectful he went over everything great had alot of questions but who doesnt . It was great

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trophy Club, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Trophy Club, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional. Told me she likes to go out to bars a lot and likes to party with her co workers. Asked VERY irrelevant questions. Seemed uninterested in her job. Spoke very quietly. People at the front desk were very rude. Just unprofessional over all.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hampton Inn in June 2016.

Interview

I got called for a phone interview and had an interview with the front desk manager and the GM and they loved me and was pleasantly surprised by how much I knew about working the front desk, ( I been to a lot of hotels so know about the duties) the front desk agent said I won him over and I had a face to face interview the next day with him and went great and got scheduled with the gm that Friday and it went great and she gave me her card to email professional references in which I did. This is where I got confused because she never called my references, I called and asked the people i used because I was excited about the position. And I received a rejection letter minutes later. I feel its because I didn't have any experience but they knew that by looking at my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was sort of like a game. Walked the hotel to find problem areas, interview was about 3 hours long and was finally called back 3 weeks later for the position.

Interview Questions

• What I can bring to the table, What have I done in the past. The usual questions.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No room to negotiate. What they had in mind is set in stone.