Hampton Inn Guest Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hampton Inn Guest Service Agent Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.0

Guest Services Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hampton Inn in January 2016.

Interview

Very standard. Almost all questions asked were the same ones that pop up on Google when you type "interview questions". My interviewer was very positive, polite, and talkative. My second interviewer was nearly 20 minutes late.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hampton Inn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, took them at least a month to call for an interview. Met with two people, pretty informal, pretty straightforward. Told me about the position and benefits. It was like talking with friends.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my prior experience, what I would do about an irate customer, why I wanted to work there, basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (New Albany, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

Very easy. If you have any customer service experience you'll probably get it if you have a good personality. Hired on the spot with experience. Hotel has a lot of turn around. More than your typical hotel

Guest Service Agent Interview

Interview

Very straight forward. They ask you about your experience, if you are good at speaking, friendly. yadda yadda

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview

Very informal, met in lobby and answered basic questions.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Natick, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

very easy interview.spoke to manager one on one. got hired not he spot. even did the drug test that same day on the spot and found out me results. i was at work by the next week.

Interview Questions

• past experiences?
      times i had trouble at work?
      every been convicted of a crime?
      1 Answer

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview

Walked in, spoke to the manager. Sat down while he got his paperwork ready. After countless cliche interview questions, they ask if you are interested in working for them. Say yes and paperwork will flood your desk.

Interview Questions

• If you were a fish, would you want to live in a small bowl or big bowl?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Memphis, TN) in January 2012.

Interview

I found out about the job from a friend at school. I applied online and there was an extensive application. After the basic application, there were several questions ranging from "What number comes next in this series?" to "What is the first letter of a 4 letter word meaning sun rising?" After I finished the online application, I waited about a week and a half before I heard anything from the GM. I was called and asked to come in for an interview. My first interview was exclusively with the GM. We talked about my past experiences with my internship, what I hoped to gain out of this experience, and my education. I followed up with a thank you email that evening. Approximately a week and a half later I was asked to come in for a second interview. After speaking with the GM some more, I was then interviewed by the sales manager. We talked some more about my internship I held the semester before. After that I went in the back office with the GM to fill out paperwork and take a drug test. It took about a week for my background check and drug test to come back and was hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you successfully handled a guest conflict at your internship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Chesterfield, MO) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied, interviewed, it took over two weeks for them to call me back to tell me I was accepted for the position.

Interview Questions

• It was very easy. Could tell management wasnt even sure HOW to interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiated.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Cluj-Napoca (Romania)) in March 2014.

Interview

Emailed my CV and Letter of Intent directly to HR and I received an affirmative answer in about an hour.
    At the interview I was asked a lot of questions about Hampton's values, what they mean etc. and a lot of "what would you do if" and "explain a time when" questions.
    The work schedule, as at every Hampton, is 8-hour shifts, BUT here in Cluj-Napoca the HR said they will alter this schedule by introducing 12-hour shifts with 24 free and 12-hour night shift with 48 free, because that's what employees want, but this schedule means fewer employees...
    The downside was that the Guest Service Agent had to prepare breakfast in the morning and also serve at the bar! Even though specific jobs for these activities exist!
    After the interview with the HR, the next interview would have been with the manager.
    The overall impression was that the employees were quite stiff and perky and a shallow superior I saw talking with the receptionists.

Interview Questions

• How did you react when you received a negative feedback about your behavior?   Answer Question