Hampton Inn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Sort:

Laundry Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Portsmouth, NH) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the laundry attendant position, but because of limited hours they offered me a housekeeping spot! Which I was perfectly fine with--the executive housekeeper spoke to me on the phone prior to the interview and lmk this before scheduling an interview. The interview process was very informative; I was told up front there was a high turnover rate and that it was a physically demanding job. Almost instantly I was told they liked me and that the job was mine if I wanted it--agreed. A job is a job, and I needed one! Where I live, minimum wage is 7.50 an hour, my starting pay at this job is 10 with room for growth, pay raises, incentives, and bonus add ons. I enjoyed how friendly the manager was, and how she cut straight to the point.

Interview Questions

• What are your available days and times?   2 Answers

Night Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Cincinnati, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

Complete disaster. Not organized and unprepared. It was if the interviewer was unaware I was coming and they just decided to wing it. I am sure I looked as surprised as he did when I realized he didnt know I was supposed to be there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Baltimore, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

Met with the Hiring Manager, we spoke for about an hour, I was very comfortable when speaking with the manager. we talked about the position and the companies expectations for the position

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Portage, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

Very unorganized and they had no idea how to interview a maintenance tech. The management has no idea how a screwdriver works. The interview was dumb. They think anyone who talks smooth is good enough.

Interview Questions

• What would i do if you couldn't fix something?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Mount Pleasant, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview position was basic phone screening then a group interview. I got the job offer after two weeks of reference checks and background check. I started one week after the offer as they had to terminate the previous GM.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lamar, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Lamar, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was with the representative of the property manager company and the general manager of the sister property. They were friendly and answered all of my questions. The process was overall pleasant and very productive. They gave me instant feedback to let me know if I would be moving on in the interview process or not.

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Indiana, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

Very generic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Hampton Inn?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Everybody gets pad 7.75 unless you've been there for years then you'll get paid 8.15 an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Clearwater, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Homewood Suites in Clearwater Florida. submitted my resume and asked to know the status of the outcome of the job opening for an Assistant General Manager and never heard back from the hotel.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Quick, only two people to interview with, it was quick and easy process. Everyone was very normal and relaxed. No one was high maintenance. Very welcoming in the process, introduced me to potential co workers and some of the staff.

Interview Questions

• How I handled conflict and disgruntled staff- what did I do to quell issues and handle them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Streetsboro, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Streetsboro, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

The job interview process for myself was a quick and easy process. A big portion of the interview was to see if this was the right hotel for me. The selling point for me was the GM and the hotel having a solid staff.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan the tasks to be done each day?   1 Answer