Hampton Inn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hampton Inn Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

1.9

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn in January 2017.

Interview

Well defetly the interview process was in a very professional manner. Mark was great and very respectful he went over everything great had alot of questions but who doesnt . It was great

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trophy Club, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Trophy Club, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional. Told me she likes to go out to bars a lot and likes to party with her co workers. Asked VERY irrelevant questions. Seemed uninterested in her job. Spoke very quietly. People at the front desk were very rude. Just unprofessional over all.

Front Desk Manager Interview

Interview

Good hygiene, must have all your teeth, if you're a lady please have on a bra. no visible tattoos, speak English and be able to communicate with guest, math test, commen sence test. What would you do

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boerne, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Boerne, TX).

Interview

Went in and filled out app in lobby. Gave it to the front desk clark who said she needed to call her general manager. Waited about thirty minutes before I Was called back to the desk. That's when I was told I was going to do the interview right there in the front lobby. I was interviewed at the front desk by a front desk Clark. Asked me a few questions before saying I was to start the following Monday.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

I saw their add on one of local websites. I sent application and phoned to manager as well. I was called for interview. Interview went well. I was given website address to provide info for background testing. It took 2-3 days to complete background

Interview Questions

• If customer comes and complain about anything, how would you handle   1 Answer

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (King of Prussia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick process. Spent almost an hour with the regional manager. Afterwards the GM called to say that I got the position, and when can i start. Quick start time with minimal paperwork to be done.

Interview Questions

• Casual Conversation of expectations and what they would like to see out of me.   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kimball, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Kimball, TN).

Interview

I applied online, got a phone call days to a week later and spoke to the HR manager. She was so sweet and so nice we just talked and talked. We scheduled a face to face interview, when that came up she said she loved me and I would be hired if my online assessment came back fine. (I did an online application and long assessment through the company website). I was told I'll be called by Thursday or Friday which will be in the next 5 to 6 days. I'm so excited, and hope I got it. I absolutely loved the Hiring manager, we seemed to have a positive connection. The position shift is 2nd 3 to 11, and I was told starting pay is 8.75, and that there is plenty of room to move up. They also said they are hiring others as well. I pray to God I get this job, it seems wonderful and has amazing reviews. She seemed like she understood me and had such an optimistic attitude.
    Currently waiting to see if I got it, and I'll have to do a drug screen

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a problem with a customer or client. What did you do in the situation?   1 Answer
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer
    • Job experiences and what I did at those jobs. Also why there were gaps in between them.   1 Answer

Hampton Inn and Suites - Front Desk Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was excellent it was fast, Chris Chilton did an exceptional job with the interview. He was very nice, and has a good sense of humor. I would recommend interviewing here at any time..

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to continue in the hotel business.   1 Answer

Breakfast Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Charleston, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

Very laid back atmosphere at this property. Manager asked me about prior experience within the hospitality industry. He continued by talking about company standards. What the hourly pay would be, medical benefits start after 90 days and the shift hours.

Interview Questions

• discuss a time at work that I had to deal with a difficult guest.   Answer Question
    • describe a time that I had to train someone that was having a difficult time learning. how do you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Executive Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Hudson, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

My interview was done with the GM who was one of the most professional people I found there as he was kind and thorough thru the complete process. When he approached me and we made eye contact he extended his hand and introduced himself in a very professional manner, I was immediately comfortable and my nerves settled, he really knew how to handle himself and the situation in a way I had never seen before by somebody in his job status, usually they are stuffy behind the desk dry people in my experience, not this time.... I really was made to feel comfortable and relaxed which made the process so much easier in my opinion. But he is gone so don't expect that now.....

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain what made me interested in the position and what experience I had in the field....How many years in management I had, and to give an example on dealing with a difficult client/customer and how I resolved it, as well as co-worker or staff member...Also what if any certification for chemicals I may have and knowledge on their uses as well, with being asked about my standards for cleaning, staff direction,and customer relations and office or computer program knowledge... He was quite thorough and it was a good half hour to a 45 minute interview... I was asked at the end if I had questions for him and I did so I asked them and he gave his answers and at the end we agreed it was a fit... I got the job!!!   1 Answer