Hampton Inn Night Auditor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hampton Inn Night Auditor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Chesterfield, MO).

Interview

Basically looked at my resume. The manager asked me a couple questions about what was on my resume. She asked if I would be able to do two weeks of training while working a full time job. I told her it wouldn't be an issue. Then she started explaining the job duties and gave me a start date to come fill in paperwork.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hampton Inn

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

I saw their add on one of local websites. I sent application and phoned to manager as well. I was called for interview. Interview went well. I was given website address to provide info for background testing. It took 2-3 days to complete background

Interview Questions

• If customer comes and complain about anything, how would you handle   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Park, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Lake Park, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I turned in my resume and application and about 1 and a half weeks later I got a call on a friday at about 6:00pm asking me if I could come in for an interview on Monday. The manager and one clerk sat in the interview. The manager just talked and I listened. She went over my application and my resume and seemed impressed. She told me she had several other people to interview that day and would let me know but after I left I got a phone call 5 minutes later letting me know I had a shift that started at 3pm that afternoon to start training if I could take it.

Interview Questions

• Do you have kids? (This is was literally the only question I was asked)   2 Answers

Night Auditor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hampton Inn in February 2016.

Interview

Dropped off application. Within 1 hour, received a call back. Met with General Manager and offered the job same day. She said an interview was not necessary, just wanted to put a face to the name. After hire, never asked for an ID or SS card, not even a mailing address.

Night Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview

It was brief, and held in the lobby in the middle of a slow day. I downed a bit of coffee from their lobby shortly before the interview. That little jolt helped me be more jolly and uppity, which should be good for any standard customer service position. The interview was between the FM as well as the GM, Quick and easy. Got a phone call the next day. Unlike the front desk positions which are a lot more competitive, if you can snag an interview during one of the times their current Night Auditor gave in his 2 weeks notice, you are pretty much in.

Night Auditor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hampton Inn in July 2015.

Interview

This largely depends on the location you are applying at, as most Hamptons are franchises. However, the several Hamptons I've worked for have had simple interview processes. If you have hotel experience, the best thing to do is play that up. Experienced people are always looked for in the industry, as well as people who are willing to work nights, weekends, holidays, doubles, and any required shift. Hampton is also very big on hiring for personality ("Hamptonality") so a nice smile, good sense of humor, and a general liking for being around people are important.

Interview Questions

• How is your attendance (working when scheduled, being on time, etc.)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stroudsburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (Stroudsburg, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process took place at the Hotel and in a very quiet setting. I interviewed with a very nice young lady. She was very pleasant and joyful. She asked questions that wasn't hard to answer. I felt comfortable talking to her and she liked what I could bring to the Hampton Inn.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what is it that I can bring to the Hampton Inn?   1 Answer

Night Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview

Emailed my resume on a Thursday and was called the following Tuesday for a brief phone interview. Onsite interview the following day and was offered the job during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you did at previous jobs. I worked previously as a night auditor so the interview was brief.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered $10.00/hour and I accepted without negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in La Junta, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hampton Inn (La Junta, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

The General Manager called me into her office one day and explained to me the positions that needed to be filled and what would be expected of me. I was hired that same day.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the hotel/service industry?   1 Answer

Night Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hampton Inn.

Interview

The interview process was very easy just had to describe characteristics of myself.

Interview Questions

• the most difficult question was when they asked me about my experience, because its always hard to trace back.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None