Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board

Social Work Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board in August 2017.

Interview

Panel interview at least 3 people. Simple questions that applied to the job. Just. Few interview questions. Not too tense. Use terms that are in the job description and be confident.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board (Hampton, VA).

Interview

Panel interview in regards to the process of a case manager and how you will handle situations. Asked questions on your skill level, what is required and the ability to do the work.

Interview Questions

• What was the last crisis you had to deal with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Behavioral Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board (Hampton, VA).

Interview

They asked behavioral questions about dealing with difficult children. And they asked me about diagnoses and treatment options. They had me create a sample treatment plan. There were 2 people in my interview. Both were directors in the program.

Interview Questions

• Describe the symptoms and treatment options for ADHD.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board.

Interview

There was an in person interview with the two program directors and representative from human resources. Then, I was asked to work on and submit a sample progress note. I do not have more than that to say. I was unable to answer some questions. Still got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Asks about symptoms and treatments for specific common childhood mental health diagnosis such as oppositional defiance and ADHD
      Asked to make a sample progress note   Answer Question

Tense Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board (Hampton, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for this position twice. Didn't get the job, interviewed later in the summer and Nailed it the second time. This is a panel interview and you will have at least 3 people in the room. There are two directors and one of the supervisors. They play good cop/bad cop with you. I struggled the first time because some of the questions were off the wall. The second time I was ready.