Hancock Fabrics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hancock Fabrics

1.5

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayden, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics (Hayden, ID) in May 2014.

Interview

The process was very professional and well managed. I found the opening on snag a job site on line and submitted my resume. I was called within a week and asked to come in for an interview. The store manager asked me about my experiences, past jobs, skills and hobbies and shared her vision for the company with me. By the time I left the interview I felt very clear about what was expected and ready to take my place in the company if hired.

Interview Questions

• I was prepared for all questions so nothing took me off grad but when I was asked why I left my last job I had to explain the situation with the failing health of my last boss and her failed store. This was hard for me as the situation was very sad.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked to come in for a second interview with the store manager and the regional manager as well. We discussed the terms for my employment with openness and came to a agreement in terms of benefits and compensation. I felt all my concerns and needs were respected.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics (Southaven, MS) in June 2015.

Interview

The man who interviewed me had lost my resume and completely forgotten that he was even meeting me that day. I waited 30 minutes for him to begin and then the interview lasted ten minutes. He was not prepared and was printing out documents to read from while I was sitting there. He had to print out the documents for me to sign and knew nothing about benefits or salary specifics.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics (Memphis, TN) in August 2009.

Interview

no specifics given as to job, what to expect from the job. Was not given anything other then apron and told to go to the table.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with sewing.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online. The DM called to do a phone interview, it was interrupted and when I didn't hear back I called him the next day. DM forwarded me to a phone interview with the RVP. Hired Sight unseen.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I declined the first offer and waited for the right package

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics (Richmond, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

simple, very easy, basic questions about customer service, work ethic etc.all the standard questions that you have in any interview. nothing tough, no testing, no drug test nothing of that sort.just a background check basically

Interview Questions

• what are your greatest strengths/weaknesses? - pretty simply basically. the DM was really nice and great to interview with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. they made me an offer and said that was all they could do. i needed a job and liked a challenge so i took it.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2010.

Interview

Sent in resume. Took about a month to get any kind of feedback. Got a call from the DM.
    Phone interview. Went well but, never got a call back for three weeks. I had to call him to follow up. Once got a face to face was hired pretty fast.

Interview Questions

• I can't think of a question that was not standard. Pretty much in the box.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not working at the time so anything sounded good. It was low for the experience I had.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

The hiring practices of Minnesota Fabrics were like night and day compared to Hancock Fabrics. Most store managers were hired from sales associates within the company and completed a 1-2 year training program at 1-2 different stores to experience a variety of management styles and merchandising situations. The key factor in your training was to provide Excellent Customer service

Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics (Tulsa, OK) in July 2013.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone and in person once

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics (Overland Park, KS) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied in-person (filed up the application and brought it back). The next day got my interview with manager. Not mentioned that she forgot about it and She`s been busy with some work.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work on the holidays?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics (Birmingham, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

About 20 minutes, going over my personal experiences with sewing and crafting that allowed me to need little training, and my approach to sales and customer service. We seemed a good fit, offered and accepted job at only interview, but offered pay less than expected for experience

Interview Questions

• Can you work a flexible schedule when we need you each week, as this will vary.   1 Answer