Hancock Fabrics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

1.5

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics (Birmingham, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

About 20 minutes, going over my personal experiences with sewing and crafting that allowed me to need little training, and my approach to sales and customer service. We seemed a good fit, offered and accepted job at only interview, but offered pay less than expected for experience

Interview Questions

• Can you work a flexible schedule when we need you each week, as this will vary.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics (Overland Park, KS) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied in-person (filed up the application and brought it back). The next day got my interview with manager. Not mentioned that she forgot about it and She`s been busy with some work.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work on the holidays?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics (Southaven, MS) in June 2015.

Interview

The man who interviewed me had lost my resume and completely forgotten that he was even meeting me that day. I waited 30 minutes for him to begin and then the interview lasted ten minutes. He was not prepared and was printing out documents to read from while I was sitting there. He had to print out the documents for me to sign and knew nothing about benefits or salary specifics.

Sales Associate, Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henrico, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics (Henrico, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Basically walked in and asked if they were hiring, they gave me an application. filled it out, the next day I turned it into the manager and had the interview at that moment. I was very presentable, and acted accordingly.

Interview Questions

• Do you sow, make you own cloths, etc.?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics in March 2015.

Interview

I didn't even interview, we spoke on the phone (twice) and then scheduled me to come in and fill out my paperwork. While I was there filling out paperwork we reviewed the responsibilities of the position and the requirements. Basically the whole process took less than 30 minutes then we discussed what hours I wanted to work. She asked me if I cared whether or not one week I had 4 hours and the next week 12 hours. It was the easiest part time job I ever applied for.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any issues with upselling?   1 Answer
    • Can I push specific products that Hancock selects each month?   1 Answer

Cashier/Cutter/Stocker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics in October 2014.

Interview

Was having conversation with manager while shopping in the store and mentioned I was looking for employment. She ask me to fill out application - she was needing part time help. At her request I returned a couple of days later to fill out application. We talked about the position. She was friendly and it was very casual - she was waiting on customers while we talked.

Interview Questions

Low pay and too few hours.

Cashier/Cutter/Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics (Suwanee, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

I inquired about an application on a whim while shopping at Hancock Fabrics as I am a frequent shopper at this particular store and I really enjoy the store's environment. I returned the application and sat down for an interview with the store manager the next day. The interview process was very straightforward as were the questions asked. I filled out some hiring paperwork that day despite not yet having the job - the manager needed to speak with his assistant manager before completing the hiring process. Several days later, I filled out the rest of the paperwork (such as direct deposit information) and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were very straightforward - the hardest thing asked would be a standard such as "what are your weaknesses?"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics in May 2014.

Interview

I barely had to fill out an application, they brought me back to the managers office. They asked me a handful of questions that were mostly about my availability and how soon I could start. They went on to ask what my experience was with past jobs I have held and why I was qualified to work for them.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayden, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics (Hayden, ID) in May 2014.

Interview

The process was very professional and well managed. I found the opening on snag a job site on line and submitted my resume. I was called within a week and asked to come in for an interview. The store manager asked me about my experiences, past jobs, skills and hobbies and shared her vision for the company with me. By the time I left the interview I felt very clear about what was expected and ready to take my place in the company if hired.

Interview Questions

• I was prepared for all questions so nothing took me off grad but when I was asked why I left my last job I had to explain the situation with the failing health of my last boss and her failed store. This was hard for me as the situation was very sad.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked to come in for a second interview with the store manager and the regional manager as well. We discussed the terms for my employment with openness and came to a agreement in terms of benefits and compensation. I felt all my concerns and needs were respected.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online. The DM called to do a phone interview, it was interrupted and when I didn't hear back I called him the next day. DM forwarded me to a phone interview with the RVP. Hired Sight unseen.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I declined the first offer and waited for the right package