Hancock Natural Resource Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hancock Natural Resource Group

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hancock Natural Resource Group (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Questions were knowledgeable but not overly challenging. All of my questions were answered and requests were granted (such as coming in for a 2nd meeting to view the workspace and ask final questions). The hiring manager was open and honest. I met with the hiring manager as well as the head of IT.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important aspect of working on a project team?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hancock Natural Resource Group.

Interview

About two weeks, two rounds of interviews. Very professional. Was asked about my prior experience, interest in natural resources, and they described company structure. As an outsider to the industry, this was great insight. I met with four different people, each one on one. The interview in total was about two hours long.

Interview Questions

• Not many particular questions - really just more of a get-to-know each other type of interview.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hancock Natural Resource Group.

Interview

Pretty standard - met with 4 people, one at a time - asked about prior work history, my strengths, what I was looking for in a position - seemed fairly casual and laid back

Wildlife Biologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hancock Natural Resource Group in August 2016.

Interview

The job description posted on Indeed.com & their website was very vague and broad, involving duties such as conducting surveys for wildlife, and plants. I tried to research what a wildlife biologist would be responsible for on their website, but the content on the site was very minimal and did not contain information pertaining much to what the company does, outside of managing a large amount of private land for timber and natural resource use. When I was called for the interview, I was given a date and time for a conference call. I didn't know what to expect in terms of how many people will be interviewing me and how to prepare adequately. On the interview, there were 6 people on the panel. After a very brief introduction where I could barely catch all of their names, the lead interviewer gave a short introduction as to what the company does that was pretty much verbatim to the website, and quickly dove into questions. The questions came one after the other with a different person each time, with no short interlude (except for awkward silence) or further conversation in my responses. Overall, the interview was tough and felt impersonal, despite my (lackluster, I suppose) attempts.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about forest and wildlife legislation and policy that is applicable in Washington state.   Answer Question