Hancock and Whitney Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hancock and Whitney Bank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.5

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hancock and Whitney Bank.

Interview

Two interviews: 1 phone and 1 in person. Phone interview was basic interview questions (strengths, weaknesses, etc.). In person was centered around work experience and pretty much observing if the individual would be a good fit for the company.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hancock and Whitney Bank in June 2017.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter, was very professional, conversation style interview, completed the phone screen, was contacted the next day by the assistant for setting up an over the phone panel interview with the hiring manager 4 days later and went downhill from there. Confirmation of that interview date and early am time was not even confirmed till the evening before at very end of business. Red flag there for no consideration for responding/confirming in a timely manner.
    Called the conference line and the phone number would not work. Reached out to assistant right away and at the same time was calling into my phone to tell me the conf line would not work. Was then sent an e-mail for the correct conf line phone number after 15 mins. Called into the new number and now the code would not work. Unbelievable! Had to reach out to the assistant again and after another 10 mins or so was then emailed the correct conf code. Finally managed to call in and they still couldn't start the interview because the other manager didn't stick around for the appointment. Waited another 10 mins for that manager to join and he/she didn't call in, so we had to start the interview with just me and the hiring manager. They basically ruined my morning. The interview started out good, and nearly halfway the 2nd manger joined in. I then had to repeat a ton of what I already had told the hiring manger because he/she didn't call in when they should have. Worst off, toward the end they started posing questions in a manner which was geared toward reasons why they should not give me the job, no conversation style interview either, unoriginal, ie. "where do you see yourself in X years?"
    Very unprofessional process, they aren't even capable of being able to facilitate an interview. The pay wasn't going to be that great around 51/52/53K extremely low for nationwide avg, and there's a reason why. I asked what the goals and challenges were for the position and they couldn't answer the question. They used words like "everything", "things we want to do" and "new position," very general, never defined "things", or "everything", and couldn't give a single detail of what the actual job responsibilities entailed. Definitely glad I did not end up with them. They are a very unprofessional organization and a total waste of time to interview with. They hired someone else and never bothered to tell me because I followed up after they did and they still wouldn't tell me no, even when the position said filled online. Finally, after another week and a half after my follow up they emailed and said they hired someone. Very poor way of communicating and treating candidates with no respect for their time. There are better companies out there, stay away from this one.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hancock and Whitney Bank (New Orleans, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very easy conversation. I asked a couple of questions and gave my elevator pitch. The interviewer was laid back and very positive about the company culture. The entire interview was about 30-40 minutes long.

Multi-Service Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hancock and Whitney Bank (Birmingham, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

The process began with a screening test online that consisted of money counting, change given, customer service interactions. Then a phone interview was conducted to see how well you speak over the phone and can hold a conversation. Lastly was an in person interview that was in front of a few different employees who asked about previous work experience and some basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about the experience I put on my resume. Be prepared to go in depth about your previous work experience. Asks basic questions about personal goals, where you see yourself in 5 years, etc   Answer Question

Multi-Service Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waveland, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hancock and Whitney Bank (Waveland, MS) in September 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was very fast. The recruiter called to setup an interview on a Friday for that Following Monday. She emailed me all the interview information (like who I would be interviewing with, date, time, & location also) once I confirmed the date and time was great for me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hancock and Whitney Bank (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

2 interviews, 1 phone and 1 in person. Both behavioral and really laid back. They recruited on campus in the spring, and posted the position pretty late. I applied online and got the interview 2 weeks later and had an offer 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Why Whitney Bank? Why this position? Walk me thru your resume. Leadership experiences??   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hancock and Whitney Bank (New Orleans, LA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online about a week later HR contacted me for a phone interview the next day I got called in for a interview at the branch with two managers and a week later a offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me a time you had to deal with a angry customer ?how did you handle the situation? Why Whitney bank? Why should we hire you? Do you have any relatives or family members working here? What can you bring to our team?   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denham Springs, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hancock and Whitney Bank (Denham Springs, LA).

Interview

On site interview with at least two in management. Asked several situational questions. Very relaxed environment. Interviewer tended to be wordy. Did a lot of listening which prepared me for the position. Management tended to list some negatives about company and try to explain that positive changes were on the way.

Multi Service Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waveland, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hancock and Whitney Bank (Waveland, MS) in December 2015.

Interview

The interviews were always very short notice and chaotic. When applying within the company, you may get asked to come in for an interview the day after applying, without any regards to scheduling conflicts. Locations were not always at the branch applied for, and interviews were rarely with the hiring manager of the branches.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Trust Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hancock and Whitney Bank (New Orleans, LA) in November 2015.

Interview

There were three interviews. They really grilled me about my lack of accounting experience, despite the fact that I have a Juris Doctor degree. In the end, they didn't seem to care that I knew little-to-nothing about account reconciliation because I spoke with enough confidence. They basically hire whoever they want based upon whether they like you. That's the only criteria.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to be the reconciler for the entire trust department, despite your complete lack of accounting experience?   1 Answer