Hand and Stone Spa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1. Featured Interview

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Gaithersburg, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone call and I’m person followed by a practical. Very quick and simple not long and unnecessary. Applied online and got called same day. Did a practical at the place for an hour

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Cherry Hill, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

quick and easy, hired nearly immediately. They ask you about availability, but are only really interested on how well you sell so that you can sell memberships, which are commission based. They tell you what hours they work but there are hardly any benefits. The interview took maybe 15 minutes, and I got the call back later that day, and started the next.

Interview Questions

• if you had to sell this pen, how would you sell it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Franklin, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was enjoyable, it didn't feel awkward or pressured. I just wish I had the interview with both parties of the franchisees and not just one part of it. You would hope that the company you were interviewing with would be on time as well. Things happen I guess.

Interview Questions

• Tell me, how you would deliver exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

filled out paper application. went in to meet the manager, very friendly atmosphere. we went over my availability, how long I planned on working there, how the salary works and how commission works, etc.. we discussed the computer system they use (Millenium) and briefly showed me how to use it. I started a week later

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Very brief and straight forward. General questions about past job experience as it applies to the position, and then you will be asked to sell something on the spot. I had to give my best pitch for an ink pen. Super friendly and welcoming staff. Very easy interview. No background check or drug screening required.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something.   1 Answer
    • Tell Me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • How many years of customer service experience have you had?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable selling memberships?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Its hourly + commission. The interview is literally about 15 minutes, everyone starts generally at the same pay. You come back the next week for training.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

After submitting an online application and resume, I was called within a couple of days to speak with the owner of the location that I applied for. We spoke over the phone for a little while and got to know each other before setting up a formal interview. A couple of weeks later, we met for an interview and it was a very casual setting with no pressure at all. The owners were very down to earth yet still very professional. They explained the job and what they were looking for and asked us about our skills, experience and our knowledge. I answered each of their questions to the best of my abilities. We talked about my previous work experience, my education and where I see myself going in life. Once the interview was over, they let me know they would be in touch.

After a few days, the owners contacted me via email to offer me a position. They didn't take a long time to contact me at all.

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Tukwila, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very simple, I was interviewed with basic questions and then asked to sell a pen. This sounds silly as I am writing it, but it was really fun and made me feel good after!

Interview Questions

• Difficult client/guest/person.   1 Answer

SPA Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa.

Interview

Found their listing online for a spa associate position and I applied with my resume. Got an e-mail a few days later asking me to come in for an interview. The first interview was with the lead spa associate and was super easy and chill. Then next two interviews I had were with the manager and owner of the spa. The interview with the owner was of course the more difficult one because it was kind of intimidating. Had to sell a couple pens to him as an exercise. Thought I failed miserably but got a call the following week with an offer!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. This company pays very well

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Princeton, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was very brief, but easy. I had mine with the owner, which apparently is rare since he stops by randomly and just so happened to be in that day. He is an extremely nice guy. He explained the job duties, and hinted that is can get busy and stressful. I wish he had emphasized how important the sales were, because I'm not a sales person and I would have declined the job if I had known off the bat how much pressure there would be. However, he was interested in what I had to say, and from retail experience, I was able to explain how I enjoy making clients comfortable and being relaxed with them, which is great for a relaxing place such as a spa. He liked me a lot and had the manager call me within an hour to offer me the job!

Interview Questions

• I was asked to sell the owner a pen.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Wheaton, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Took about 30 minutes. The management at the spa where i interviewed was really nice. They told me that when i was done with school i could go to anyone of the spas and get a job.

SPA Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa.

Interview

I submitted my resume to a provided email and heard back within a day or two. Met with the manager (that they had at the time) and was hired on the spot. Never met the owner of the business until weeks later when she finally stopped in. Could tell they were a little desperate to hire.

Interview Questions

• They asked me my previous experience and availability. They also told me this would be a sales role of selling memberships as well. Did not provide any detail about that though. It was very quick and easy and even without much experience prior, they hired me on the spot and said she thought I would be a great fit. From what I can remember, they did not really ask me any questions that a typical employer asks. I came in the next day for training.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation- they start at the hourly raise that they start at. No room to negotiate.