Hand and Stone Spa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Rolling Meadows, IL).

Interview

I got an email almost immediately after applying and was asked if I could do a phone interview. We had a phone interview a few days after and then she asked me to come in that same morning. Your interview is basically an orientation.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your phone skills?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa.

Interview

Similar to other massage places, a practical is required followed by some average interview questions. Questions pertained to hours of availability, and what modalities I was trained in. Overall the interview was straight forward and easy.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa in February 2017.

Interview

Managers pitched a membership and had me try to sell it to them right after they pitched it. Typically they said they send the script to the interviewee before the interview, but forgot that time.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses & how have you been working on improving them?   1 Answer

SPA Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa.

Interview

Took a bit longer than what I'd done before but it wasn't the most difficult. A lot of roundabout questions and sly attempts of seeing whether someone could sell. They ask how much you would like to make as if it's something they really care about but they're just gonna give you the nine dollars anyway. They also tell you about the probation period towards the end.

Sales Front Desk Interview

Interview

I had 2 email exchanges for a new spa that would be opening. From there I had interview with the manager, the owners son and finally the owner. They pitched this as a customer relations job but its 100% sales. From gift card sales. To up selling massage times from 30 min to 60 and 60 to 90. Everyone was professional and polite. The place was beautiful. The job just pays terrible.

Interview Questions

The offer was for front desk sales/ customer service. I could work part time or full time. I just could not get past the $9.00 salary and small sign up bonuses. A very good sales person would easily work a 40 hour week including nights and weekends to make under 28k a year. Crazy.

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I had one interview for a licensed Esthetician and I was hired the same day. Scheduling training was a little bit difficult they kept give me the runaround with that. Pay was NOT discussed in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asking what all I knew how to do and the services I could provide.   Answer Question

SPA Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Brentwood, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview with the owners wife which lasted an hour and a half. She talked the whole time. Wasn't what I would call a professional interview. I was then interviewed with her husband which was a bit more professional.

Interview Questions

• What are my strengths, weakness the usual interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was low and non negotiable. There were no benefits offered at all. Thankfully my husband has excellent coverage.

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Wheaton, IL).

Interview

Went in to speak to the spa manager. She was great. Very down to earth and honest. She let me know alot about what was expected of me as an employee and what they had to offer. They were very nice and made me feel very comfortable. Also did a practical with her. Beautiful spa.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Willow Grove, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview started with the manager completely crapping on the job. I'm not sure why. Basically she told me that the company expects you to maintain 25% sales average every week or you will get fired. (major negative.) Then she says that she refuses to train her employees and isn't a "babysitter." That's what managers are supposed to do... train! That is their job. Then she said how some of the massage therapists are really nasty and will tell the front desk their jobs aren't hard. So I was 100% scared away and didn't accept the job. And will never be applying there again. We are members for hand & stone and I'm kind of upset that they treat their employees this way.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Euless, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I emailed my Resume to them first. then the next day i received a call asking to interview same day. and i went in and filled out a in store application and had a quick 10 minute interview. after that they scheduled a working interview the next week. it was a all day working interview.

Interview Questions

• familiar with memberships? good in sales? able to work long hours? tell them about yourself.   Answer Question