Hand and Stone Spa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.0

SPA Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Columbia, SC).

Interview

The interview was long, it began with an overview of what the company was about, their protocol, an overview of their values, and what was expected. After meeting with the assistant manager, they called in the store owner who asked some additional questions about what I could offer and why I wanted the role. After this, they offered me the job at the end and I started 2 weeks later,

Interview Questions

• How would you pursuade someone who does not seem interested in buying your product, to buy your product?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Huntington, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward interview . Management very laid back and made me feel extremely comfortable . I was offered coffee or tea while I waited for manager . I found the culture and atmosphere to also be very laid back .

Interview Questions

• Should you stereo type in order to make a sale ?   1 Answer

Reception/Front Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa in October 2017.

Interview

What a great interview! I got hired on the spot, very nice working staff, and very efficient, and organised. I enjoyed every moment, and am looking forward to starting full time as an employee.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with others?   1 Answer
    • What are some of your best qualities   1 Answer
    • Do you understand sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Highlight your qualifications.
        Demonstrate your confidence.
        Reinforce your commitment.
        Understand the employer’s challenges.
        Make yourself accountable.
        Advance your candidacy.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in sales filed?   1 Answer

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

It was easy going and I didn't feel pressured or nervous at all. I talked too much about myself and my personal life when I should've talked more about why I am a great fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• What situations did you feel like you were put down and you rose up? How would you handle situations when people are rude to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Rolling Meadows, IL).

Interview

I got an email almost immediately after applying and was asked if I could do a phone interview. We had a phone interview a few days after and then she asked me to come in that same morning. Your interview is basically an orientation.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your phone skills?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa.

Interview

Similar to other massage places, a practical is required followed by some average interview questions. Questions pertained to hours of availability, and what modalities I was trained in. Overall the interview was straight forward and easy.

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Falls Church, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Lovely, professional, and attentive. I was asked to come in two days after completing my practical exam. My manager and I really hit it off. I now work for her and love it!

Interview Questions

• I was expected to perform a hands on interview, involving a facial.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa in February 2017.

Interview

Managers pitched a membership and had me try to sell it to them right after they pitched it. Typically they said they send the script to the interviewee before the interview, but forgot that time.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses & how have you been working on improving them?   1 Answer

SPA Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa.

Interview

Took a bit longer than what I'd done before but it wasn't the most difficult. A lot of roundabout questions and sly attempts of seeing whether someone could sell. They ask how much you would like to make as if it's something they really care about but they're just gonna give you the nine dollars anyway. They also tell you about the probation period towards the end.