Hand and Stone Spa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2018

2.0

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Northville, MI) in February 2018.

Interview

Very simple and easy interview process me and the regional manager kicked it off very well right away !very friendly and professional staff . More of a family environment then a strict , over worked and tense atmosphere . Excited right away to work .

SPA Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Columbia, SC).

Interview

The interview was long, it began with an overview of what the company was about, their protocol, an overview of their values, and what was expected. After meeting with the assistant manager, they called in the store owner who asked some additional questions about what I could offer and why I wanted the role. After this, they offered me the job at the end and I started 2 weeks later,

Interview Questions

• How would you pursuade someone who does not seem interested in buying your product, to buy your product?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Huntington, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward interview . Management very laid back and made me feel extremely comfortable . I was offered coffee or tea while I waited for manager . I found the culture and atmosphere to also be very laid back .

Interview Questions

• Should you stereo type in order to make a sale ?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Dublin, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

After seeing my resume I was invited in for an informal interview. After a couple weeks I was told they wanted to hire me. After a couple more weeks I was asked to speak to a franchisee representative. Was told again they were interested but nothing happened.

Upon my investigation of former employees at this location I found that they frequently shorted pay and refused to pay final paycheck when people left. This was a great concern as the ethics of the Dublin, Ohio owners and I am glad I didn’t end up here.

Reception/Front Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa in October 2017.

Interview

What a great interview! I got hired on the spot, very nice working staff, and very efficient, and organised. I enjoyed every moment, and am looking forward to starting full time as an employee.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with others?   1 Answer
    • What are some of your best qualities   1 Answer
    • Do you understand sales?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Highlight your qualifications.
        Demonstrate your confidence.
        Reinforce your commitment.
        Understand the employer’s challenges.
        Make yourself accountable.
        Advance your candidacy.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in sales filed?   1 Answer

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

It was easy going and I didn't feel pressured or nervous at all. I talked too much about myself and my personal life when I should've talked more about why I am a great fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• What situations did you feel like you were put down and you rose up? How would you handle situations when people are rude to you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Rolling Meadows, IL).

Interview

I got an email almost immediately after applying and was asked if I could do a phone interview. We had a phone interview a few days after and then she asked me to come in that same morning. Your interview is basically an orientation.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your phone skills?   1 Answer

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Falls Church, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Lovely, professional, and attentive. I was asked to come in two days after completing my practical exam. My manager and I really hit it off. I now work for her and love it!

Interview Questions

• I was expected to perform a hands on interview, involving a facial.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa.

Interview

Similar to other massage places, a practical is required followed by some average interview questions. Questions pertained to hours of availability, and what modalities I was trained in. Overall the interview was straight forward and easy.