Handy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

1. Featured Interview

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Handy (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The hiring process took about 3 days, and I had to pay for a background check. I was hired after I passed it. I felt the hiring process was very quick compared to other companies.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do I have?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was offered a Software Engineering position at Handy in January 2018. Recruiting went smoothly through the onsite visit, and I was given an offer consisting of $110K base salary with 10K stock options and a start date in 2 weeks time. The offer also expired 2 days after they extended it to me; when I counter-offered asking for additional stock options, and 2 weeks more time before starting (in order to give my current employer a 2 weeks notice and move from three states away), they made no attempt to counter my offer or even say that they could only meet the initial terms. A day after the offer expired my contact called me to say they would be passing on me.

I have never dealt with such unprofessional behavior at a tech company. What was strange was that during my visit everyone who I met there (including the CEO) was very cordial and professional ... except my contact, who was a total jerk. From mocking my current job (in finance) during an initial phone interview to aggressively trying to get me to commit to Handy when extending the original offer on the phone (without giving me time to look over a written contract), to the dismissive attitude I received when he finally called to say I was being passed over (after getting an offer 3 days before!), this startlingly unprofessional behavior came to be the defining feature of my experience interviewing there.

Handy Response

Feb 20, 2018 – VP of People

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and provide us with feedback. This is definitively not our intended experience for candidates and it is truly regrettable that this has become the... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Handy in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation to do a technical interview. The technical phone screen was different than other places. You receive a call from an engineer and they tell you a little about themselves and ask about you. Then, they explain the problem. The call lasts about 15 minutes. They hang up. Then, you are left to solve the problem for the next 45-60 minutes. I completed the problem but it had a memory issue. I heard back within a few days. No feedback was given.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Handy (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied online and spoke with the hiring manager in a phone interview, passed was given an extensive practical exam, completed the exam then they offered it to someone who was further along and had more experience. I didn't get a chance to defend my work - shady. i think they are crowdsourcing ideas.

Interview Questions

Handy Response

Feb 21, 2019 – SVP of People

Thank you for your feedback. The practical is comprehensive so the candidate can gain insight for what the day-to-day of the role will entail, and we can ensure that the candidate is a great fit for... More

Cleaner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Handy.

Interview

There was no interview. Handy does not inverview anyone. You fill out a form with your information and start working. This is how sloppy this "service" is. Good luck with that.

Negotiation

None

Cleaner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Handy in July 2016.

Interview

Everything is done via cell phone. So I had to send a photo of my I.D. The company has to approve you for a background check which only takes a few minutes, thank your good to go.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for us?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Handy (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

there is no interview you get hired online and you speak to no one they run a background check and you start from that day. you also must pass a cleaning quiz which is about 6 easy questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Handy (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I did the application online and started the next week and It has been great ever since i love helping others cook clean dust mop vacuum laundry etc i also do commercial building to i also help grocery shop

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Handy (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

You apply online and take a test with about 5 questions about cleaning. They emailed me back in a few days saying i have to do a background check. the fee is $75. About a week later i got approved for the platform and i was able to start claiming jobs

Interview Questions

• in what order would you clean the kitchen?
      a. dishes, counter, sink, floor
      b. dishes, counter sink, floor
      c. floor, dishes, counter, sink
      d. dishes, sink, counter, floor   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Handy (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through an ad on Craigslist. I recieved a phone call a few days later and was interviewed for about 10 minutes. They asked about my experience, how i would clean a home and what products i would use.

Interview Questions

• How would I clean hardwood floors?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Handy (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

online application first answer a short quiz next you receive an email for phone interview
    Next you to orientation for filling out paperwork receive equipment and smart phone told the policies of 5 principals