Hang Seng Bank Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2017

3.3

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

app test after submitting application, HR called after 2 months for a phone interview. All interview questions are behavioral, no technical questions. In my interview, HR asked questions in three different languages(Cantonese, Mandarin and English).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hang Seng Bank

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank in September 2017.

Interview

I submitted application online and asked to do aptitude test, there are two basic tests, verbal reasoning test and numerical reasoning test , and I didn't get reply after doing those tests.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank.

Interview

Phone Interview -> Written Test -> Assessment Centre (Group Interview + Individual Presentation) -> Interview with senior management

Assessment Centre is the most difficult part. You need to stand out from a group of bright students. Do more rehearsal. Don't be dominant, the bank likes humble staff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was an average interview. The interviewer went through the resume and asked some details about past experience. The interviewer also asked about the industry and basic behavioural questions.The interview was done in English and Cantonese.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the stream (particular stream of the MT program)?
      What do you know about the banking industry?
      What do you know about the HS Bank?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank.
    Pass the online test and got the opportunity to conduct a interview with HR staffs. The interviewers went through the resume. They mainly asked about both industry and behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• Why us? Why banking? What do you think about HSB when comparing with the major competitors?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank.

Interview

First round interview was HR interview, it was held in its Mong Kok office for around 20-30 mins, 2 HR interviewed one candidate. Mostly simple HR interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Why will you choose Banking industry as a non-business student?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank.

Interview

First there is an online application form to fill in. After two months then I received invitations to online tests which include a Situational Judgement Test, followed by Numerical, Verbal and Logical. The tests were sent out one-by-one, so you have to pass the first test in order to proceed to the next one. After that there was an HR Interview mainly on competency and motivational questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Hang Seng Bank?   Answer Question
    • How can you persuade a customer from China to use Hang Seng Bank over other local big Chinese Banks?   Answer Question
    • Any recent financial news and its impact in Hang Seng Bank.   Answer Question
    • What did you learn during your previous internship experiences?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2016.

Interview

online test-first round interview. I interviewed in HK on Jan 2016. Online test includes situational analysis, verbal, numerical and logical reasoning. About one week after the online test, the HR called me and settled an interview. The process was smooth and the HR was very nice. The questions were very sharp and worth thinking. I learn a lot from this interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Hang Seng? Why commercial banking? Which position do you prefer: front desk, middle desk or back office? why? The latest news you follow and how it will affect Hang Seng development. What is Hang Seng's challenges and opportunities in mainland China? Compared with the Big Four Banks in mainland, what are the advantages and disadvantages of Hang Seng?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted the application on the Hang Seng career site, followed by standard SHL tests including numerical and verbal. Progressed to a phone interview shortly after - the interviewer was very nice - I got the sense that she is trying to get to know more about the candidate in a friendly way. I was asked questions regarding my competency and the bank . The interview lasted for about 30 minutes. Have not been progressed to the next stage unfortunately.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank.

Interview

The first-round interview is group type. we are given a situation and think solutions for it. after 20 mins' case reading, we are asked to discuss the question together. 2 staff are watching and evaluate.

Interview Questions

• the most difficult is to understand the question correctly, to find out what it the problem   Answer Question