Hannaford Bros. Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

1.8

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hartford, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hannaford Bros. (New Hartford, NY).

Interview

I put in my application online and got a call around a week later. I set up a date and time for a 1on1 interview. Well because I live in Central NY, and it was January, it snowed really bad and I wasn't able to safely make it to the interview so I called to reschedule but he wasn't available so i had to call 3-4 more times that week before I got ahold of him and got a date and time. I showed up, I was a few minutes early, waited 30 mins for him to meet, he was awkward and forgetful. We sat in his office, he seemed like he didn't want to be there. It was weird all together. I didn't get the job for obvious reasons. He probably forgot about me lol.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hannaford Bros.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I interviewed at Hannaford Bros. (Burlington, VT) in January 2015.

Interview

I was asked several easy questions. The Interview was easy and it went really well. The Interviewer was a nice person. The store is laid back and super clean. Hours vary. They try to accommodate schedule but it's not always possible. I liked it there.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hannaford Bros. (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I was brought into a room alone and asked several questions about what it's like to serve customers and how important things like cleanliness are. Afterwords, they questioned my basic mathematically abilities and had me make change assuming the machines were down. Overall the experience was nice.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hannaford Bros. in August 2012.

Interview

One interview, nice people, but they were concerned with another part time job I had already accepted. I didn't end up getting the job and I feel like I flubbed when I babbled on about my life goals in general. The interview was nice though, and it wasn't stressful. The store was relatively large and I feel like I could have landed a job had I not already had another.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you overcame.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hannaford Bros. (Portland, ME) in May 2012.

Interview

Brief and to the point. Simple questions and dedicated, heart wrenching answers from yours truly, the unemployment magnet. I remember we sat in swiveling, roller chairs whose seats were somehow smaller than our butts. My interviewers was a woman, probably early 30's. She was not a blonde.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite color?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pine Bush, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hannaford Bros. (Pine Bush, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

It was quick and easy. the questions asked were the standard ones you would expect from an entry level job interview. "What are your plans in the short/long term?" "What is good customer service?"

Interview Questions

• "What makes good customer service?"   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hannaford Bros. in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was okay.There is a test you must take that is quick. The test will assess how you would handle problems with customers. My hiring manager was very friendly. They want to make sure you can be a team player and have high patience.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hannaford Bros. (Rochester, NH) in October 2010.

Interview

You will get an interview from the store HR. If you pass with her expectations you will then have an interview with you department supervisor/manager

Negotiation

Not really able to negotiate. Do not sell yourself short

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hannaford Bros..

Interview

Good interview. The person who I had the interview with was very professional and nice, made it easy. I am normally very nervous but I didn't feel as such during the interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Hannaford Bros. in June 2009.

Interview

Ask a lot of standard questions, then work history, then into the job and any questions that you have.

Interview Questions

• 3 words to describe your work ethic.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any. Minimum wage.