Hanover Research Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Hanover Research Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Mar 26, 2017

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Excellent. There was a 30-min Excel test done online before the in-person. Interview was pretty straight-forward; a one on one, 45 min interview with the controller (in this case, the person that the hire would be directly reporting to). Interview was a nice balance between questions about me and my qualifications vs information about the position and insight about company as a whole. No real major curveballs. The interviewer stated that she didn't really believe in resumes as a single indicator of a good candidate and instead preferred to establish more of a conversational feel with permission for both sides of the table to stop and interrupt. Very casual and relaxed. Definitely a culture I felt I could fit in with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what I should know about yourself that I can't already gather from your resume?   Answer Question

Feb 24, 2017 – CHRO

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are sorry that you were unable to accept our offer and join our team but appreciate the kind words.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Met a representative at a university career fair, basic first round interview, interesting written assessment that gives you a great insight into the work you would be doing. Overall a great experience and the people I met seemed like the best you could hope to work with. Couldn't proceed with the process because I needed to accept elsewhere, but would recommend to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Why Hanover over other companies that do similar work?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application onlyne and in 2-3 weeks I received an email with an invitation to take an online test. The test evaluated different aspects of my cognitive skills, personality, and general questions about my behavior in a work environment. The day after the test, I was asked to schedule a phone interview, the recruiter was very nice and mostly explained what the job was about and other information about the company and how it works, the second part of the interview was focused in my general background. 4 days after I got an email telling me that they decided to move forward with other applicants.
    Although I didn't get an offer, I would describe the process as smooth and the recruiter as nice. I would recomend applicants to read everything about the company in their website and their careers blog and to have a good idea of their potential contribution.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online through college job-board, and was contacted for a quick phone interview in the next few days. Conversation with recruiter was personable, packed with information and skills-related questions based on the resume I submitted. Then, was invited to interview in person at the VA office and contacted shortly after with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Phone:

Walk me through your resume?
      What do you know about Hanover?
      What do you know about the Business Development role?
      Why sales?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Panel Interview:

-Walk me through your resume?
      -What do you know about the BDA role?
      -What is your favorite book?
      -What are your hobbies?
      -What keeps your motivated?
      -What are the most important qualities of a sales associate?
      -What kind of manager do you prefer?
      Panel interview flowed like a conversation.

Shadow:

Able to shadow a senior associate to learn software used on the job

1-on-1:
      -What do you know about Hanover?
      -I see you went to ___ University. What is a problem there that perhaps Hanover can fix? Walk me through your thinking.

Very transparent process, friendly people. You will know if they like you.
      1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Arlington, VA).

Interview

When I arrived, I learned that the Recruiter as well as the Hiring Manager that I had been working with decided to work from home that day. The Receptionist walked me into a room and told me to wait. Three different people came in at 30 minute intervals and asked basic questions about my resume and gave me roughly 2 minutes to ask them questions, then left. After the 3rd interview, the interviewer walked me to an elevator. I received a notification a week later I would not be moving forward. It was just odd; especially because they had not specifically defined what position I was interviewing for and one interviewer said she didn't think they even had openings. The interviewers were courteous for the most part.

Interview Questions

Hanover Research Response

Dec 14, 2016 – CHRO

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your interview experience at Hanover Research. When recruiters and hiring managers are ill unexpectedly and unable to come in to ... More

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Arlington, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Generic questions. I was not selected for the final round. Phone screening was characteristic-oriented, and it was not hard at all. Mostly focusing on previous experiences shown on the resume. The second round was pretty much questions on what you would do in certain situations as a research assistant, and some technical questions regarding research skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. They called me and we had a phone screening interview. Then they set up my in person and sent me an online test to take beforehand. Went to the interview and met with two employees, then shadowed, then had a one on one with one of the directors. Everyone was very young and I thought I did great but apparently not because they emailed me two days later saying they offered it to someone else.

Interview Questions

• Why Hanover? Why Sales? A lot of situational questions like "name a time when you had trouble with a managerial approach"?   Answer Question

Research Analyst - Survey Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Arlington, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for Market Research, but got an email from HR, suggesting to look into another role( Survey design). First round is an online assessment to be done for about 55min. they are more of personality questions, odd man out etc. After 2 weeks, I interviewed with HR for 30 minutes and at the end of the call, she told me that, they are happy to move for next round, which is Survey Assessment. It has data from survey and corresponding questions that need to be addressed. However the questions are clear, the wrting part or answers part as to what they are looking in it is unclear ( More on analyis or more on looking for poilished client presenatations) . I worked on it for 8hours over 4 days and sent them the assessement. I got reject after a week mentioning that, they are looking for some one with more client side presenation and wirting related experience. I felt bad as , I have spent more time on analysis, than polishing it. The overall process took exactly 1 month and felt that, I was robbed of my time as my resuem speaks of my rleated experience, which they have shown as concern for rejection

Interview Questions

Hanover Research Response

Oct 3, 2016 – CHRO

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you didn't enjoy the interview process for our survey role. We are upfront during the interview process that the 'homework assignment' is rigorous and it ... More

Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC).

Interview

Began with phone interview with recruiter. Next step is a writing sample, which involves receiving a mock research prompt and writing a market analysis report. You get a week to finish this. Assuming you are moved to the next step, you interview with three directors, one after the other. Questions in each interview are fairly similar. I didn't feel like anyone was trying to trick me or stump me. The actual interviews were pleasant.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will adapt to short timelines and fast turnover in projects?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Arlington, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

The process was quick and to the point, with no trick questions. Everyone was extremely nice. It is helpful to try in advance to really understand the variety of services Hanover provides early on in the process. They'll ask you at each step about your understanding, so asking your questions early will pay off later.