Hanover Research Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.8

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process began with an online personality exam. I was then contacted for a 20-30 minute phone screen. Once completed, I was issued a prompt to complete a mock research report. Following the mock report is an inperson interview.

Senior Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied June 28, received online assessment July 3, completed online assessment July 5, phone interview with recruiter July 26, received mock research report assignment July 31, submitted research assignment August 2, rejection received August 17 - 7 weeks total.
    I am quite disappointed by my experience with Hanover, particularly because 1) the process deviated from what the recruiter described, 2) twice I had to chase up timelines when HR/recruiter said they would respond (and they had not), and 3) the quality of my work was not referenced in the reason for not being invited for a final interview.
    First, the recruiter described the process well as phone interview, mock exercise, and final interview, but ultimately, there was no final interview. It appeared that they hired another candidate outside of this process, which gives the impression that not all candidates are treated equally.
    Secondly, Hanover is good at offering when they will provide you with a response, but they are not terribly great at sticking to that timeline. You most likely will need to chase them up, which does not make a candidate feel positively about what it is like to work at Hanover.
    Thirdly, the recruiter stated that I would receive feedback on my mock research report exercise, but after chasing him up after he twice missed feedback deadlines, he said they went with another candidate that had "a bit more experience in our niche market". I was offered no feedback on my work - indicating that it may have not even been read, which would indicate that my application was not judged on its merit - and no opportunity to interview, which is a common technique used if the hiring is "a tough decision".
    I would not discourage anyone from applying; although, I would discourage anyone from expecting HR/recruiting to follow industry standards and/or adhere to the timelines that they set.
    Growing pains and lost opportunities, Hanover.

Interview Questions

Hanover Research Response

Sep 8, 2017 – CHRO

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to read that your recruiter was slow to respond to you and did not stick to the timeline. This is not something that is acceptable, regardless of the outcome... More

Sales and Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online to a position which appealed to my skill set and professional motivations. I spoke to a recruiter who was very matter-of-fact, like all recruiters. I did the usual follow up and learned they wanted me to come in for a face-to-face meeting for the next round.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you managed sales people.   1 Answer
    • Not a question but a worthwhile statement for future candidates.   1 Answer

Hanover Research Response

May 25, 2017 – CHRO

Thank you for your feedback. It is unclear from your review what happened that made this a negative experience for you. Without knowing this, it is difficult for an employer to make changes to the... More

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview. It was quick and relatively painless. Standard questions about motivation and personality were asked. I was then extended an opportunity to interview in person, but I denied.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to meet a sales goal. How did you best meet that goal?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Met a representative at a university career fair, basic first round interview, interesting written assessment that gives you a great insight into the work you would be doing. Overall a great experience and the people I met seemed like the best you could hope to work with. Couldn't proceed with the process because I needed to accept elsewhere, but would recommend to anyone.

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online through college job-board, and was contacted for a quick phone interview in the next few days. Conversation with recruiter was personable, packed with information and skills-related questions based on the resume I submitted. Then, was invited to interview in person at the VA office and contacted shortly after with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Phone:

Walk me through your resume?
      What do you know about Hanover?
      What do you know about the Business Development role?
      Why sales?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Panel Interview:

-Walk me through your resume?
      -What do you know about the BDA role?
      -What is your favorite book?
      -What are your hobbies?
      -What keeps your motivated?
      -What are the most important qualities of a sales associate?
      -What kind of manager do you prefer?
      Panel interview flowed like a conversation.

Shadow:

Able to shadow a senior associate to learn software used on the job

1-on-1:
      -What do you know about Hanover?
      -I see you went to ___ University. What is a problem there that perhaps Hanover can fix? Walk me through your thinking.

Very transparent process, friendly people. You will know if they like you.   1 Answer

Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC).

Interview

Began with phone interview with recruiter. Next step is a writing sample, which involves receiving a mock research prompt and writing a market analysis report. You get a week to finish this. Assuming you are moved to the next step, you interview with three directors, one after the other. Questions in each interview are fairly similar. I didn't feel like anyone was trying to trick me or stump me. The actual interviews were pleasant.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will adapt to short timelines and fast turnover in projects?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

very fast response after submitted the resume online,following a IQ test,some questions on what you will be doing if you are on Moon,personality . and then phone interview.Was preparing for the quantitative test,but informed that they will move on with other candidates,the phone interview was smooth though .

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

Smooth and easy-going. The recruiter and I had been developing a relationship for over a year before I decided to apply. Although she is no longer with the company, a lot of great people are working there at that Hanover office!

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

there were two phone interviews, one with HR and one with hiring manager, then once you pass those, there is a written exercise to complete that is research-oriented within a certain time frame