Hanover Research Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.9

Sales and Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online to a position which appealed to my skill set and professional motivations. I spoke to a recruiter who was very matter-of-fact, like all recruiters. I did the usual follow up and learned they wanted me to come in for a face-to-face meeting for the next round.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you managed sales people.   1 Answer
    • Not a question but a worthwhile statement for future candidates.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Met a representative at a university career fair, basic first round interview, interesting written assessment that gives you a great insight into the work you would be doing. Overall a great experience and the people I met seemed like the best you could hope to work with. Couldn't proceed with the process because I needed to accept elsewhere, but would recommend to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Why Hanover over other companies that do similar work?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online through college job-board, and was contacted for a quick phone interview in the next few days. Conversation with recruiter was personable, packed with information and skills-related questions based on the resume I submitted. Then, was invited to interview in person at the VA office and contacted shortly after with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Phone:

Walk me through your resume?
      What do you know about Hanover?
      What do you know about the Business Development role?
      Why sales?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Panel Interview:

-Walk me through your resume?
      -What do you know about the BDA role?
      -What is your favorite book?
      -What are your hobbies?
      -What keeps your motivated?
      -What are the most important qualities of a sales associate?
      -What kind of manager do you prefer?
      Panel interview flowed like a conversation.

Shadow:

Able to shadow a senior associate to learn software used on the job

1-on-1:
      -What do you know about Hanover?
      -I see you went to ___ University. What is a problem there that perhaps Hanover can fix? Walk me through your thinking.

Very transparent process, friendly people. You will know if they like you.
      1 Answer

Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC).

Interview

Began with phone interview with recruiter. Next step is a writing sample, which involves receiving a mock research prompt and writing a market analysis report. You get a week to finish this. Assuming you are moved to the next step, you interview with three directors, one after the other. Questions in each interview are fairly similar. I didn't feel like anyone was trying to trick me or stump me. The actual interviews were pleasant.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will adapt to short timelines and fast turnover in projects?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

very fast response after submitted the resume online,following a IQ test,some questions on what you will be doing if you are on Moon,personality . and then phone interview.Was preparing for the quantitative test,but informed that they will move on with other candidates,the phone interview was smooth though .

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

Smooth and easy-going. The recruiter and I had been developing a relationship for over a year before I decided to apply. Although she is no longer with the company, a lot of great people are working there at that Hanover office!

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

there were two phone interviews, one with HR and one with hiring manager, then once you pass those, there is a written exercise to complete that is research-oriented within a certain time frame

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, in January, after talking with reps at a career fair. Immediately was e-mailed to set up a phone interview- great. The first time I was scheduled to speak with HR, they never called. When I e-mailed them back, they had apologized telling me they were in a meeting that ran late. This happened TWICE more. Completely unprofessional. Three weeks went by after the initial phone call was scheduled, and I finally spoke with a recruiter for approx. 20 minutes.

Next, I was sent an online test to complete, which took about an hour. A couple weeks later, I was sent the research project to complete. I spent about 15 hours working on it. After waiting almost two weeks to hear back from HR, a completely different recruiter e-mailed me to schedule an in-person interview. Very disorganized, again.

I went in for an in-person interview- keep in mind, it was now March and I had begun applying in January. The interview was 3 30-min interviews with senior level employees on the market research team. They were fine, but not super engaged. One showed up 15 minutes late and assured me that "it would not affect his schedule". I then had 10 minutes for my last interview, which included the most bizarre case question I've ever been asked (about how to approach a research project request). Two weeks later they had e-mailed me to tell me that they enjoyed speaking with me but I would not be moving forward.

I read reviews on Glassdoor throughout the entire process, wondering and hoping my experience might be different (better)- nope. If you're applying to Hanover, expect horrible communication from the HR department and a long, drawn out process. It also seems like they interview tons of candidates all the time, and don't frequently extend offers. Unclear how many positions are open at a time, but the position is always listed on the website. One of the worst application experiences I've ever had. Be warned.

Interview Questions

Hanover Research Response

Apr 8, 2015 – CHRO

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience interviewing with Hanover Research and that you felt that your time was not respected. This is never our ... More

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC).

Interview

1) Applied to Hanover in early June
    2) Completed an hour-long, online GRE-type test (nothing too difficult)
    3) Spoke to recruiter on the phone for 30 minutes. She informed me that she would send me a mock project to complete.
    4) Spent a week (probably 40 hours) working on a report about international branch campuses. Guidelines were vague but I assumed they were more interested in seeing my writing quality.
    5) I was informed that I would hear back about the project in 4-10 days. Ten days passed and no word. I emailed Hanover and they informed me they received positive feedback on my project.
    6) Scheduled an in-person interview in Washington, DC. Interviewed with 3 project managers. The interview lasted two hours, and my perception was that the interview went well.
    7) Returned home to an email saying the feedback from the interview was positive but that they wanted me to complete ANOTHER project.

---- Here is where I should have said no. At this point, the fact that they used me to complete another project is really insulting.

8) Completed a three-day data analysis project. I was informed I would hear back in 4-10 days. Surprise, surprise, 10 days came and went and no word about the project.
    9) A few weeks later, I received an email saying Hanover was busy with employee evaluations, and they hadn't had a chance to review my second project.
    10) On August 25th, (remember I applied on June 4th), I received a rejection email with no explanation as to why I was not chosen for the position.

I have never had such a terrible experience with a company before. I am just disgusted that Hanover has the audacity to treat its candidates like this. If this is how this company treats its candidates, how does it treat its clients? I wouldn't want to work for this company nor would I want to do business for this company.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, I do not recall any of the questions being difficult.   Answer Question

Hanover Research Response

Sep 7, 2014 – CHRO

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience during the interview process. I agree that the process made a poor use of your time and I have passed this ... More

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

I submitted my online application and was asked to phone interview 2 days later. After the phone interview, she emailed me a personality test right away and said she would get back to me within a week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a bda?   1 Answer