Hanson Building Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.6

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hanson Building Products (Irving, TX).

Interview

The Recruiter initially contacted me by phone to pre-screen for the position. The Recruiter brought up the salary for the position and indicated that it was a non-exempt salary position at $35/hour or about $73,000/year. It was within my expectations, so I agreed to pursue the position. The process went quickly, and from the time I had my first interview to an offer letter was one week. The offer given to me was $65,000/year with bear bones benefits - employee paid health, vision, and dental insurance. No HSA, no minimum life insurance, no 401K match, no professional education reimbursement, no bonus potential. The General Counsel who offered me the position acknowledged the low compensation and "guaranteed" 5 hours a week OT to raise compensation closer to $75,000/year. I did not immediately accept the offer, but instead questioned the $8,000 base discrepancy between what the Recruiter represented and the offer salary. She had no explanation for it. Instead of doing the right thing and sticking to what their Human Resources represented, the General Counsel called me on a Sunday afternoon to withdraw the offer. Showed me that this company is not as good as its word and would make misrepresentations during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• No substantive questions about my experience and knowledge were asked during interviews with either the General Counsel or VP HR.   Answer Question

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hanson Building Products (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a pretty simple interview. You go in and they may give you a tour around the plant to see all the operations and what exactly the company does. They allow you to see exactly what you will be doing and they give you a short 20 interview.

Dispatcher Interview

Interview

Relatively straight-forward interview. Why do you think you are a good fit for our company? Tell us about yourself, What are your goals over the next 5 years, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest short coming and how can you improve it?   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, they contacted me for a phone screening in the summer and then brought me in for a on site interview the following week. That interview consisted of two people, the director and one other person on the team. The director of the position I applied also conducted the phone interview

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, why are you interested, tell me about a time...)   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hanson Building Products (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Well done, first class! Phone interview, then detailed itinerary for in person interview at corporate office, interviewed with 6 people, met in the afternoon, then dinner with hiring manager, finished interviews on day two.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult employee situation you have had to address and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hanson Building Products (Grand Prairie, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• You do not have enough experience. You are not an engineer because you do not have a PE.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Horrible offered me first year wages. I have 20+ years. Did not think I had any options so I took the job.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Pottstown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hanson Building Products (South Pottstown, PA) in June 2008.

Interview

Process started in June with 3rd party employment agency screening. Single interview on campus was in July. Date of hire was October. Process was long and frustrating with no feedback from employment agency or Hanson

Interview Questions

• standard construction questions such as: ability to read drawings, estimating software, bid construction, liase between field and production. ability to adpt to changes on the fly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Accepted job at less than desired salary by $5000, but negotiated 2 paid weeks vacation (1 earned after first year of employment), corporate cell phone & clothing allowance.

Recruitment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chipping Sodbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hanson Building Products (Chipping Sodbury, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Initial interview with two senior members of HR. Online OPQ followed by
    second Interview with HR team members/colleagues of the person who will be taking this role.

The first interview was fine, easy questions and friendly setting. The interviewers were very professional, polite and listened to my answers. The second interview was completely different. One of the interviewers was very rude and aggressive, cut me off repeatedly (as well as her colleague) and focused all of her questions on one job I did over 10 years ago. It was evident within 30 seconds of her opening her mouth that I was not going to get the job as she had clearly made her mind up (based on the outcome of the OPQ) that I was not the right person. The rest of the interview was merely killing time until she could get me out of the room.

This was one job I was glad not to have got as I would not have wanted to work in a team where this behaviour at interview was considered acceptable.

Graduate Trainee Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanson Building Products (Brisbane (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for graduate trainee manager role via. their career website and I received an email from them in a week to complete psychometric assessment. I haven't completed it yet, you get given around two weeks to complete it, make sure you prepare online - do some practice test because once you start the assessment there's time limit.

GRADUATE POSITION Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hanson Building Products in June 2016.

Interview

The video interview has an avatar that is extremely off putting. Getting through it is easy enough though. The assessment day was a good experience. Although I did not know to expect an interview. The presentation to "sell yourself" is an outdated form of interview in my opinion. There's a quick written test as well. It was good to see the group exercise actually being relevant to the role.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of when you've had to work in a team?   Answer Question

Wrong location offered