Hanson's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hanson's

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hanson's (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

I
    I was called to schedule an in person interview and told there were multiple openings available. I expressed that my interest was strictly for a managerial role and told "ok."
    Upon my arrival I was asked to fill out a personality and "I.Q." test. This took approximately 5 minutes or so.

The personality portion of the test presents you with multiple sets of four words and asks you to select the word that describes you the best and then select the word that describes you the least.

The I.Q. test was basic math questions such as "What is 10% of 100?"

Upon completion I was asked to wait for the manager to free up.

He asked me what position I was applying for, despite the fact I submitted my resume for a specific position. When I told him what position I believed I was being interviewed for he responded with a rather incredulous tone, saying "we aren't hiring for that position, plus you have to walk the walk before you can be management here."

When I pressed further on the issue, asking if they promoted heavily from within i.e., is there actual room for advancement he avoided the question and merely responded "we have different starting level positions available."

He went on to tell me they were seeking an office assistant paid at the rate of $10 an hour, as well as sales which paid the same and provided a tiered incentive commission system.

To be fair, he did state that people in sales could be promoted to marketing management. However, marketing and sales is wholly different from my experience and background as well as completely different from the position I applied for.

I'm not sure if the job listing was bait and switch just to get bodies to apply, but it felt fairly deceptive. Especially since I would hardly describe two open positions as multiple - while technically correct the verbiage was very misleading. Saying "we have a couple openings" would have been a far clearer statement. Though it is possible I failed to understand what was being implied.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hanson's (Troy, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

I went through 2 interviews before I got hired. My first interview was straight forward and to the point. My second interview was more laid back and got see more personality from my manager!

Interview Questions

• How do I handle an upset customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanson's (Saginaw, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I arrived at my 10AM interview to find that they had double booked applicants. After completing a short computer personality survey and IQ test I got to wait while another applicant saw interviewed. That interview lasted one hour and twenty minutes. In contrast my interview lasted 17 minutes. At the conclusion of the interview i was told I would be called in two days (Thursday) for a follow up phone interview and at that time a hiring decision would be made. Thursday came and went with no call. On Friday I called Hanson's and was delivered to voice mail where I left a message inquiring about the follow up call/interview and decision. I also sent an e-mail to the interviewer. I received no response to either my call or my e-mail.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hanson's (Kalamazoo, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Got called by a recruiter to come in and interview for a sales position with a set schedule. Brought in my resume, went to the building. I filled out a small personality quiz on one of their computers, then went in for an "interview," I suppose.

The manager seemed disinterested and was just recruiting warm bodies. Didn't make you feel like you desired or wanted to work there at all. The job is 100% commission, which I was fine with, but I just wasn't feeling a good situation coming out of this.

The recruiter misled me from the beginning. The hours he/she said were not what was discussed at the interview, and the manager didn't seem to care. No thanks. I walked out with an offer and have not taken it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hanson's (Toledo, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

I sent in a resume and the recruiter called me saying she was impressed by my resume and there were several openings. She set up an interview for me at 10am the next day. I arrived to find there were no job openings for sales, but they had an opening for Direct Marketing (door-to-door) but the person who handles interviews for DM would not be in until 11:30am. This was enough miscommunication for me to leave.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanson's in October 2015.

Interview

The person I was scheduled to interview with had no idea I was coming. Did a personality test and was told they would call if I passed. The interview was set up through another website

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hanson's (Troy, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

There was a large group of about 20 people. They interviewed us individually and then if you were a good fit, had us do a personality test and application on the computer. They called me back the same day to say I was moving forward in the process. I then had to do a full day of shadowing a current sales rep.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hanson's (Portage, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was pretty relaxed, and didn't ask a lot of questions. I was offered a job there within 4 days of the interview but I declined. I didn't like the compensation pay structure of the company since it was 100% commission based. The Interviewer was nice and all, but the job just wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• Which of their products were you most familiar with.   1 Answer

I didn't like the compensation they offered.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanson's in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and took a week for some one to contact me came in for an interview and was,very nervous but at the same time wanted to think about a job they ask you questions regarding a personality test and also give you an iq test as well then they call you in for an interview it was few people in there and was ok offer the position but the offer was and the job description is not something I liked

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experience a problem and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanson's in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewing for a sales representative you will be called in to take an assessment at one of their computer terminals which will ask you a bunch of personality type questions. " What answer most describes you","what answer least describes you". Then you will take an IQ test which is under 20 questions and its basic math skills. After that you will be interviewed, if you have had good sales experience in the past or have extensive experience in the construction industry they will pretty much offer you a job on the spot and show you around the building. If you haven't had much sales experience they will want you to validate how you can be a fit for the position. The possibility to make over 100k a year is there. Most people will get discouraged though because it will take about a month or two to start seeing the money come in.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can sell 1 million dollars a year to make 115k for yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation about salary. You will get a 500 dollar sign on bonus after completing their 2 week training. Then you will recieve 400 dollar a week draw. which you be deducted out of your commision check at the beginning of each month. Commissions range from 4-15 percent. The average commission is 10% on your sales.