Hanson's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hanson's Interview Questions

Interviews at Hanson's

2.1

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanson's in October 2015.

Interview

The person I was scheduled to interview with had no idea I was coming. Did a personality test and was told they would call if I passed. The interview was set up through another website

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hanson's (Kalamazoo, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Got called by a recruiter to come in and interview for a sales position with a set schedule. Brought in my resume, went to the building. I filled out a small personality quiz on one of their computers, then went in for an "interview," I suppose.

The manager seemed disinterested and was just recruiting warm bodies. Didn't make you feel like you desired or wanted to work there at all. The job is 100% commission, which I was fine with, but I just wasn't feeling a good situation coming out of this.

The recruiter misled me from the beginning. The hours he/she said were not what was discussed at the interview, and the manager didn't seem to care. No thanks. I walked out with an offer and have not taken it.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanson's (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview starts with a 30+ question personality test on a computer. Then you head into the interview where they tell you the job that was listed online isn't actually the job you're applying for. The $35,000/yr base salary they listed is actually closer to $19,000/yr. The sales job they said isn't a door-to-door job actually IS a door-to-door sales job with a different title. Unless you're looking to be a door-to-door salesman for windows, this isn't the place for you.

Interview Questions

• What sales experience do you have?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hanson's (Troy, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

I went through 2 interviews before I got hired. My first interview was straight forward and to the point. My second interview was more laid back and got see more personality from my manager!

Interview Questions

• How do I handle an upset customer   1 Answer

Field Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hanson's (Detroit, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

Worst interview ever. Wanted resume but said resumes were a bunch of B.S. Very unprofessional...even used the F word during it. Appears that they mass hire and see who sticks. Sales are independent contractors. They will give you draw pay but you have to pay it back if you do not stay 6 months. If sales are the heart of the business and these are their policies, it is shamefull. Anyone who is willing to drive 60 miles to their appointment, work crazy hours and pass the tests is hired and sent to training.

Interview Questions

I am a hard worker who expects respect. Anyone that goes on about the B.S. of a resume and uses a lot of profanity when interviewing certainly throws us a red flag. 1099 status shows they don't give a hoot about their field people.

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hanson's in May 2009.

Interview

Hanson's had a "Job Fair" with about 30 potential employees. They asked the participants to break into 3 group depending on the job they wanted sales, canvassing or customer service. I went into sales and was given a personality test that I Was told "meant nothing" It does however; unless you score inspriational motivational or persuasive you are automatically not hired, this happened to one of the people in my group. After that I had an interview with the sales manager and was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to leave my current job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negootiation as the position is comission based

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hanson's (Saginaw, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

Obviously the interview process was way to easy, they're always hiring, they'll hire anyone who is willing to spend their own money on chasing down down junk garbage leads.

Interview Questions

• They didnt ask any hard questions because they just want you to goto work for them, they used to offer a training pay but no longer do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would keep looking if you want a real job this is a meat market grind house.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hanson's (Kalamazoo, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Brought me into the interview room while 2 other salespersons hung out and chit chatted. Didn't ask me any probing questions. Anytime I tried to tell him about myself, he cut me off. Immediately began explaining the hours and compensation (speaking at break-neck speed). Instantly offered me a job without knowing anything about me.

Interview Questions

This place is clearly a meat grinder. They'll hire anyone willing to drive to appointments.

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hanson's (Lansing, MI) in May 2010.

Interview

Just stop into a satelite office and request an application. First step you have to take a Personality Test on a computer depending on the results of the test if your were given an on the spot interview with the Sales Manger. If you failed the Personality Test then No Interview would be given and not hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Don't Fall Into the Hype that you are going to make alot of money possible 6-figures is false. Expect only 20-30k. You will write many deals and the customer gets financed turned down because of credit so you make zero money and drive all over creation.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hanson's (Troy, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

There was a large group of about 20 people. They interviewed us individually and then if you were a good fit, had us do a personality test and application on the computer. They called me back the same day to say I was moving forward in the process. I then had to do a full day of shadowing a current sales rep.