Hanson's Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hanson's Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Hanson's

1.7

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hanson's in May 2009.

Interview

Hanson's had a "Job Fair" with about 30 potential employees. They asked the participants to break into 3 group depending on the job they wanted sales, canvassing or customer service. I went into sales and was given a personality test that I Was told "meant nothing" It does however; unless you score inspriational motivational or persuasive you are automatically not hired, this happened to one of the people in my group. After that I had an interview with the sales manager and was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to leave my current job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negootiation as the position is comission based

Other Interview Reviews for Hanson's

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hanson's (Saginaw, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

Obviously the interview process was way to easy, they're always hiring, they'll hire anyone who is willing to spend their own money on chasing down down junk garbage leads.

Interview Questions

• They didnt ask any hard questions because they just want you to goto work for them, they used to offer a training pay but no longer do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would keep looking if you want a real job this is a meat market grind house.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hanson's (Kalamazoo, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Brought me into the interview room while 2 other salespersons hung out and chit chatted. Didn't ask me any probing questions. Anytime I tried to tell him about myself, he cut me off. Immediately began explaining the hours and compensation (speaking at break-neck speed). Instantly offered me a job without knowing anything about me.

Interview Questions

This place is clearly a meat grinder. They'll hire anyone willing to drive to appointments.

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hanson's (Lansing, MI) in May 2010.

Interview

Just stop into a satelite office and request an application. First step you have to take a Personality Test on a computer depending on the results of the test if your were given an on the spot interview with the Sales Manger. If you failed the Personality Test then No Interview would be given and not hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Don't Fall Into the Hype that you are going to make alot of money possible 6-figures is false. Expect only 20-30k. You will write many deals and the customer gets financed turned down because of credit so you make zero money and drive all over creation.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hanson's (Troy, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

There was a large group of about 20 people. They interviewed us individually and then if you were a good fit, had us do a personality test and application on the computer. They called me back the same day to say I was moving forward in the process. I then had to do a full day of shadowing a current sales rep.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hanson's (Portage, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was pretty relaxed, and didn't ask a lot of questions. I was offered a job there within 4 days of the interview but I declined. I didn't like the compensation pay structure of the company since it was 100% commission based. The Interviewer was nice and all, but the job just wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• Which of their products were you most familiar with.   1 Answer

I didn't like the compensation they offered.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanson's in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewing for a sales representative you will be called in to take an assessment at one of their computer terminals which will ask you a bunch of personality type questions. " What answer most describes you","what answer least describes you". Then you will take an IQ test which is under 20 questions and its basic math skills. After that you will be interviewed, if you have had good sales experience in the past or have extensive experience in the construction industry they will pretty much offer you a job on the spot and show you around the building. If you haven't had much sales experience they will want you to validate how you can be a fit for the position. The possibility to make over 100k a year is there. Most people will get discouraged though because it will take about a month or two to start seeing the money come in.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can sell 1 million dollars a year to make 115k for yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation about salary. You will get a 500 dollar sign on bonus after completing their 2 week training. Then you will recieve 400 dollar a week draw. which you be deducted out of your commision check at the beginning of each month. Commissions range from 4-15 percent. The average commission is 10% on your sales.

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hanson's (Toledo, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

I first to a personality and skills test on a computer and then went into a room to be interviewed by the branch manager and a senior sales rep. We began talking about sports and then I answered questions about my previous job experiences. They asked me of my expectations of Hansons and explained my earning potential. It was very low key. I was immediately hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was only able to negotiate my start date. It was commission based and the pay was non negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanson's (Troy, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

very easy and quick. It all depends on who is doing the interview if someone comes in for a interview they find a manager who is available to conduct it, so the interviewer is not prepared

Interview Questions

• throws me a pen and says sell me this pen? no joke   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hanson's (Toledo, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

I sent in a resume and the recruiter called me saying she was impressed by my resume and there were several openings. She set up an interview for me at 10am the next day. I arrived to find there were no job openings for sales, but they had an opening for Direct Marketing (door-to-door) but the person who handles interviews for DM would not be in until 11:30am. This was enough miscommunication for me to leave.