Hantz Financial Services Financial Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hantz Financial Services Financial Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services (Southfield, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was fairly easy. I had a phone interview at first, and from there i was able to get a second interview. Finally the last interview was in person, and that was an extensive interview. I would recommend carving out about 3 hours for that last interview. There is also a half day shadow, this is where they show you what the work environment is kinda like.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in this career   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hantz Financial Services

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services.

Interview

At first, it started with a meet and greet. Then I did a general interview with a recruiters nothing was difficult, all the questions are on the web. The second one was with the SVP. He spent about 1 hour talking about the company and the nature of the work. The third time I spent a half day with one of the financial consultants to see how the day looks like with the Hantz group. He spent about an hour at the end asking me why I want to work with the Hantz and telling me if I am welling to work from 8 - 8 Mon through Thur, Fri from 8-5, and Sat from 9-12!!

Finally, I received a call from the SVP, he asked me if it is something that I want to do?? I said give an offer to think about this, how can I decide without knowing how much I will be payed ??

They spent 3 weeks, and then I received a letter in my mail box saying that they are sorry and I will not be hired as they found someone more qualified than me!!

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services (Southfield, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

Not standard. The company prefers to just let you talk rather than ask stupid questions. Above all be direct if you want the job. They don't really care what your answers are.

Interview Questions

• Just talk about whatever you want to talk about. (This interviewer was unique and this may not be standard.)   1 Answer

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services.

Interview

E-mail recruiter my resume and heard back within 48 hours requesting an interview. First interview was with recruiter, they gave a overview of hantz and talked about how to be a successful FA. Called to then set up an interview with VP but the position didn't seem like a good fit so I turned down the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Clinton Township, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services (Clinton Township, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

It was a normal interview. There was a one on one interview. I was asked come for a half day (unpaid). During the job shadow time I was apart of a case study and over heard some cold calls.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services (Southfield, MI) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple just your average questions you would get at any interview. The interviewer was very good and gives a good prespective about the industry.

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services (Midland, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

Poor. Not very good. Lied to in all phases. Not the best experience in hindsight. Going in to the company the model sounds great. Once you sign on the dotted line everything changes and you are now property of the company with the option of walking away but paying dearly for it.

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. You will be lied to about compensation

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services (Southfield, MI) in July 2010.

Interview

Cocky interviews. NO offer letters are ever given. They sell the company more than they interview you. Have little planned goals for the future, or at least what they want to reveal.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my religion and love life.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services (Southfield, MI) in January 2010.

Interview

I was contacted directly by the company after I sent in my resume and they set up an interview with me for the next week.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you would be good in a sales position?   Answer Question

The starting salary is way too low

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services (Southfield, MI) in February 2009.

Interview

Emailed resume and received a call from HR within a week with a short interview.
    One week later had a 30min interview with Sr. VP and said the job was mine if I wanted it.

Low pay