Harbor Freight Tools Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harbor Freight Tools Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Montgomery, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

My boss talked a whole lot. He says I got the job because I told him I was willing to learn everything and grow with the company. He did a lot of talking about the processes HFT has and about what is required if I got the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

straight forward, asks the important questions to get the information that shows the skills that are important to the job. Friendly and they explain the processes and what is expected in the job.

Anonymous Employee in Jefferson City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Jefferson City, MO) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was like most any other interviews. They asked for past experience, asked a bunch of ethical questions, and threw me some scenarios to see how i handled difficult situations.

Interview Questions

• How was one way I resolved a conflict between two employees.   1 Answer

Negotiation

When i was offered the position, i was told what my rate would if i accepted. I asked for higher. Barely able to negotiate since it was an hourly rate and i was asking for a tad higher than usual applicants. I did, however, end up with a satisfactory rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Moreno Valley, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The worst interview I have been through. I showed up at 10am, waited a few minutes for the interview to start, the General Manager kept getting up to answer calls. He did not schedule the day to meet his business needs. He appeared disorganized and overwhelmed. I waited in the office for 2 hours, then he walked in and asked me to return the next day. I did.

The next day I show up, we officially start the interview. For about 20 minutes I listen to the GM talk about how great he is and how much other companies he has worked for want him back. He apologizes for the previous day and begins to explain why there was a spike in business. I think, if you knew this ahead of time, why were you not ready to meet your customers and business demands?

In summary, I left the interview knowing more information about the interviewing manager and his past. We did not discuss my qualifications in detail.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Interview

Dress professional and know about company

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Interview

The hiring process is a JOKE! You apply online and take a survey. THIS SURVEY is very very important, if you dont pass it you will never receive a reply. I passed and interviewed shortly after with the District Manager. I was interviewing for store management positions. The interview was short and to the point. Past experience, strengths and weaknesses. I then waited, and waited 2 months went by and I received and email saying that they had chosen someone else. I was determined so I called the HR and asked if their were any other openings. They said one more for an assistant manager spot that had opened. I went back and interviewed again, this time with the brand new store manager who was 2 weeks in with the company. He didn't particularly like me because he knew I had gone for the same job as him. It wasn't up to him however, the DM liked me and pushed me through to the ASM job. Since then that 2nd interview manager has been replaced 3x in the store. This company has a very HIGH overturn rate for STORE MANAGERS so apply to store management at your own risk.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had to work them to get an offer, in the end I did and they set the rate which can not be debated. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I got a phone call from the hiring Manager who invited me in for a face to face interview. I met the hiring Manager at the corporate office. The hiring Manager had me fill out an application. I handed the hiring Manager my application. He welcomed me to the company and told me how much I was going to like it there.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was asked was, could you fill out this application?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, as I accepted the offer. I found out later that they do negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Was asked a series of questions (pretty standard stuff) about my previous jobs and experience. I also filled out a background authorization form. It was very casual and probably one of the easiest interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you provided great customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Riverside, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Very informal , standard questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Interview

Interviewed with manager ,told will get a call 7-10 days 4 weeks go by no call quess i didnt get. Ha Ha