Harbor Freight Tools Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harbor Freight Tools Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Port Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Port Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Quick very generic. DM more interested in cell phone. Was a in and out interview. I actually had more question from the store manager than the DM. Recruiter was awesome.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work on a very thin labor budget.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamestown, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Jamestown, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

This position requires previous store manager experience no matter what your background
    This is a growing company in the area building numerous locations within the next year. The hourly rates for Assistant Store Managers is very low compared to larger retailers. The pros would be the 40 hour work week for assistants and the store hours are not terrible like other retailers that are open early AM to late PM

Interview Questions

• Are you looking to grow within an organization   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with new DM dressed in jeans/pullover shirt/sneakers. I had more multi unit experience and more management experience. He also kept checking his computer and phone and answered a phone call during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Did I have P&L experience   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Interview

Anything less than Store Manager is a joke. This company has such a high turnover that the only real requirement is a warm body. Go in, talk about being a hard worker and tell the interviewer you don't mind working at 6AM or staying til 3AM and the job is yours. SM interviews have a bit of substance to them but are still easy. My interview was more of a sit there and listen with an occasional interaction with the interviewer. No brainer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation considered. They gave me a flat rate and said this is it, nothing more take it or leave it.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Interview

Hiring process pretty quick. Application online, phone interviews with recruiter. In person interviews with District Manager, Regional Manager, Human Resources Regional Manager. Offer came quickly after interview process was concluded.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Interview

Started with recruiter phone interview, then in-person interview with DM, then phone interview with Regional manager. All interviews were not behavior-based. They were task based, "what did you do in such and such a situation?"

Interview Questions

• None. These were the most simplistic management questions I had ever been asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Interview

Interview was long but easy. Basic operations questions.

Interview Questions

• Review p&l and identify opportunities   1 Answer

Negotiation

Took about a week

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (New Brunswick, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

the interview process was very informal, conducted in one of the stores which was very busy at the time, waited for over 45 minutes to speak with the interviewer who was talking to another manager and several customers before talking to me. Although she was very professional and made the company seem like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Why did I think I was a good fit for Harbor Freight tools?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (San Diego, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I was first interviewed by the district manager and then the regional VP. The DM was thorough and explained a lot about the job itself, got me interested. The Regional is one intense dude. Very smart, dynamic, and gives you more of a vision as to where the company has been and where it's going. You want to work for this guy. I was hooked after this discussion, but have to be honest, I was concerned that I would be able to keep up.

Interview Questions

• "I can read your resume, tell me what I can't read, tell me why you will add immediate value to our team."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Memphis, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then DM and finally RM. Questions were basic about experiences and past achievements and opportunities. Two of the interviews were by phone with the DM interview being in person in an informal setting. All of the questions were pretty straight forward and required little thought.

Interview Questions

• What is the achievement that you are most proud of in your career?   Answer Question