Harlan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harlan Interview Questions

3.2

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Harlan (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application online and was contacted a few days later for an interview. Was asked a lot of the same interview questions others use during the process. I perceived the interview was done in a professional manner and was happy with their process. Overall a thorough experience. I would rate very good.

Interview Questions

• Rate 5 of their CORE values 1-5 in importance. Have you ever been lost and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Really haven't declined. Just weighing this job vs. other offers.

Animal Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harlan (Madison, WI).

Interview

I had two in-person interviews. Then I filled out the paperwork for the background check and took the drug test. It took about two weeks for the background check and drug test to come back. I was then given a start date, about two weeks after the results were all back and my hire was approved.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about your feeling on animal testing. Also, if you have/had any involvement in animal rights groups.   Answer Question

Animal Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harlan (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process went through a temp agency who were a bit shady about the entire job description and what was involved in the job. During this process the temp agency requested that I get rid of one of my personal pets in my own home, and I had to make multiple trips out to the office to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked about that bothered me was asking about what kinds of animals you owned in your own home because as an employee for Harlan you cannot own any kind of reptile, rodent, or exotic pet in your own home, supposedly due to the risk of transferring potential disease to the animals. I can understand this but considering that you dont even wear your own clothes while you work I feel that this is a bit much.   1 Answer

Animal Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Harlan (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

I was hired on recently as a temp to hire through a local agency. I had applied online and within a week was invited to an interview at the Job agency. They had submitted my resume to HARLAN that same day and I was approved immediately. I started 10 days later. The experience was easy and comfortable. Although they don't stress that experience is necessary I disagree. I have the qualifications but I think if people knew exactly what we did we would get different people applying, not just the ones looking for a paycheck.

Vice President of Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harlan (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Interviewer/Hiring Manager was unprepared and distracted. Very unusual for a position at this level. He was late and kept me waiting. HR and he crossed wires and no one got back to me with any feedback. Phone calls and emails from me were unanswered. I finally contacted the CEO of the company to force feedback. Amateurish organization is failing fast. Do your homework to see how mismanagement and debt will put this company in bankruptcy or merger.

Interview Questions

• I was asked no questions. I was only hurried out the door.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harlan.

Interview

Applied on Tuesday and Thursday was called in for the interview on Friday. I was glad that I was given the address and phone number because there is no name in front of the building and is super secure (obviously, it's a lab). Came in and the staff was really nice. The interview was half an hour long, and the questions were straight forward.

Interview Questions

• - Long term goals?
      - Why I wanted to work there?
      - If I had previous experience working with lab animals?
      - If I knew anyone working at a lab?
      - Other normal interviewing questions...   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harlan in January 2010.

Interview

Surprised by the level of security to enter the facility, but understand with the services they provide--animal testing specifically

Interview Questions

• Would it bother you to work for a company that performs drug testing on animals?   Answer Question

TSR Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harlan in August 2008.

Interview

The timeperiod between resume submission and inital communication was not long. The interview takes place with many different levels of management and different departments. However the only group interview took place with the TSD department. The interview lasted the entire day so be prepared as it is an exhaustive process.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were the standard interview questions, but the question of "How do you view the future of the laboratory animal industry?" was difficult as I had no prior knowledge, but rather was an end-user of the products sold by the company.   Answer Question

Assistent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itingen (Switzerland)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harlan (Itingen (Switzerland)) in October 2013.

Interview

Sie fragten mich zuerst, ob ich Probleme mit tierischen Forschungsaktivitäten hätte. Eine andere Frage, die gestellt wurde, war, wo ich mich in 5 Jahren sehen würde. Weitere Fragen wurden gestellt, aber ich kann mich nicht erinnern. Durchschnittliche Interviewfragen und spezifische Fragen zu der Position.

Negotiation

Nach zwei Interviews wurde ich angerufen und der Job wurde mir angeboten