Harland Clarke Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.7

Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harland Clarke (Decatur, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very positive experience. Great recruiter Steve, best I've ever worked with. Incredible team and the hiring manager has a great vision and is very focused.

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn 6/2 at 1:14 pm

Interviewed me via phone at 2:30 pm that day

He said I'm top candidate and emailed me 3 jobs

I submitted my resume and portfolio samples 6/4, Sunday

I got invitation to interview via HureVue 6/5 Monday

I recorded & sent my interview that day

Recruiter confirmed on wed that the VP wants to interview me on Thursday

On Thursday met with VP from 3 to 6 pm

I was invited to come in on Mon to meet the team

On Friday the Hiring Manager emailed me, confirmed Monday 6/12 meeting and the 3 team members to meet with from 9 am to 12 pm

On Thursday 6/15 I met with 4th team member at Panera Bread, the 6th interview for the role (recruiter + hiring manager + 4 team members)

Spoke to the recruiter same day, he explained that the team said I'm their #1 and shared that HC usually has to go through various stages of approval if offers they want to make to candidates, also that the hiring manager was away till the following week.

Recruiter emails on 6/20 saying company decided not to make an offer. No explanation.

Still positive experience and the team is great!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this sentence in your resume and that sentence   1 Answer
    • How do you collaborate on your current projects? What's the exact SOP?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work st HC?   1 Answer

Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harland Clarke (San Antonio, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter phones about resume submittal, and says will send link for online recorded interview (HireVue). Recruiter recorded message to his job applicants, and the interview begins. Complete interview into camera with no one on the other end, and Harland Clarke Message is that you will hear back from the recruiter in 48-72 hours. A week and a half later - no response. Guess this is a way to determine if they like your appearance, as I aced the questions. The recruiter AND the company, Harland Clarke? Left a bad taste in my mouth. If you say you will follow up with job candidates - then follow up! Harland Clark may value and embrace technology, but appears that is not case for job candidates. Suspect this lack of "value" for job candidates would hold true as well if one became an employee. I believe most people who go to work want to be valued employees, no?

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harland Clarke (San Antonio, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews on phone and in person. The whole process was extremely disorganized.
    During the on site interview one interviewer was extremely unprofessional, rude and hostile,he came 15 minutes late did not bother to apologize and had no clue why he was interviewing me.His interview questions ranged from unprepared to insulting. Apparently he himself had started a week back and was in a senior director role. Other interviewers behaved professionally.
    Was told that there will be a final interview with another team but even after a month nothing has been set up and the HR keeps on saying that he hasn't got any instructions or feedback.
    I have now decided to pursue other interests and would be ignoring their calls, if they bother.

Interview Questions

• How do I know you wont leave this job?   1 Answer

Systems Administration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harland Clarke (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

Over the phone interview - met with someone very young, she was good at her job but didn't know a lot of the specifics when pinned down. I believer she was initially just gathering information to see if it would be worth it on both our sides to have a followup discussion. When asked about Salary, I would have been at the top she was willing to go and that I believe was the main reason of not getting an offer- her range for this position was 60-70k which seemed low to me based on the list of duties and expectations they had.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had ever worked in a Industrial Plant - even though my positions supposedly didn't have anything to do with that side of the business...   1 Answer

Safety Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harland Clarke (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Filled application, had an in-person interview. Applied as an in-house employee. Answered all the questions that were asked. It lasted for about one hour. The persons who interviewed my told me how I did and will get back with me with their decision.

Interview Questions

• How to plan to do something step by step.   1 Answer

UI User Experience Developer Interview

Interview

i was told 20 times it was a lot of work I took it meant overtime and didn't get hired because they thought I was wouldn't work enough but I thought they expected 60 hr work weeks. Eventually another interviewer clarified it but by that time I'm sure they eliminated me already

Interview Questions

• Will you work hard enough its a lot of work ,a lot of work, a lot of work....   Answer Question

Director of Budgeting and Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harland Clarke (San Antonio, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Probably one of the strangest interviews I have ever had. First let me say that in my 20 year career, I have had 4 job changes and no more than 2 interviews for each position before I had an offer. My point is that I interview really well and have a typical corporate image.

So, I interview with the corporate VP of FP&A and he informed me that he had 5 minutes and that I was lucky because most people do not get to see him for that long because he is a very busy person. After a few minutes of chit chat, he tells me that he is the "Alpha Dog" and how would I feel about that. He explained how he ran things and that although "I could do doubt do the job" that I would have to work for him. I explained that I got over titles, etc. a long time ago and was just looking for an opportunity to join and grow with a large company in San Antonio. He then asked where I lived and after I told him he commented, " well, you must have made some money somewhere!"

Needless to say, I did not get an offer...lol.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harland Clarke (San Antonio, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

The internal job posting website is helpful in providing details on the requirement of the position as well as providing opportunities for internal advancement. I found that the interview process was tedious and lacking in communication and gives little to no preparation time for internal applicants. Also, most management team members are not neutral with their decisions to the persons they are interviewing.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harland Clarke (San Antonio, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

I went to a job fair - waited about 2 hours then was called for a mini interview - just to weed me out - asked me questions about my previous employment to see if I had customer service experience. Then was asked to wait again to take a series of 4 tests on the computer -such as personality-customer service skills. I was then asked to come back the following day for another interview. The next day I was interviewed by 2 people - 1 from HR and 1 team leader. They seemed okay- very young-and very structured in their questions. They gave me the impression they were seeking a certain type of person - someone who had previously worked in a call center environment. They did not feel I would adjust to the environment after my last job. So, I would suggest if you do not have call center experience don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went up against management?   1 Answer
    • Describe how you would handled a difficult situation.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harland Clarke in June 2010.

Interview

World Class company, world class interview process. Initially passed a phone screening, then was offered an onsite interview. We mainly discussed the leadership positions I've held in the past and the nature of the work of the position. The initial panel interview takes about 3 hours, then you break for lunch, and then a 3 hour personality/intelligence test ensues. The company is not great about contacting you regarding the status of your application, although this may have been because I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• What's you favorite movie?   1 Answer