Harland Clarke Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harland Clarke (Decatur, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very positive experience. Great recruiter Steve, best I've ever worked with. Incredible team and the hiring manager has a great vision and is very focused.

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn 6/2 at 1:14 pm

Interviewed me via phone at 2:30 pm that day

He said I'm top candidate and emailed me 3 jobs

I submitted my resume and portfolio samples 6/4, Sunday

I got invitation to interview via HureVue 6/5 Monday

I recorded & sent my interview that day

Recruiter confirmed on wed that the VP wants to interview me on Thursday

On Thursday met with VP from 3 to 6 pm

I was invited to come in on Mon to meet the team

On Friday the Hiring Manager emailed me, confirmed Monday 6/12 meeting and the 3 team members to meet with from 9 am to 12 pm

On Thursday 6/15 I met with 4th team member at Panera Bread, the 6th interview for the role (recruiter + hiring manager + 4 team members)

Spoke to the recruiter same day, he explained that the team said I'm their #1 and shared that HC usually has to go through various stages of approval if offers they want to make to candidates, also that the hiring manager was away till the following week.

Recruiter emails on 6/20 saying company decided not to make an offer. No explanation.

Still positive experience and the team is great!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this sentence in your resume and that sentence   1 Answer
    • How do you collaborate on your current projects? What's the exact SOP?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work st HC?   1 Answer

Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harland Clarke (San Antonio, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter phones about resume submittal, and says will send link for online recorded interview (HireVue). Recruiter recorded message to his job applicants, and the interview begins. Complete interview into camera with no one on the other end, and Harland Clarke Message is that you will hear back from the recruiter in 48-72 hours. A week and a half later - no response. Guess this is a way to determine if they like your appearance, as I aced the questions. The recruiter AND the company, Harland Clarke? Left a bad taste in my mouth. If you say you will follow up with job candidates - then follow up! Harland Clark may value and embrace technology, but appears that is not case for job candidates. Suspect this lack of "value" for job candidates would hold true as well if one became an employee. I believe most people who go to work want to be valued employees, no?

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harland Clarke (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with contacting agency (Kforce), it was a one on one interview with the hiring recruiter, immediately i was offered the position and signed some paperwork, i had to come back for a personality quiz and orientation, went through kforce orientation, went through harland clarke orientation (with free breakfast)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficuly customer?   1 Answer

Budget Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harland Clarke.

Interview

I was contacted via email to complete a digital interview. I was then selected to do my first in person interview followed by a two hour assessment. The last step was a final in person interview. Everyone was helpful and polite during the whole process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harland Clarke (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple, typing test and other things. They were very friendly, you must be flexible for this position though. its mostly banks you're dealing with, or check company, or B O A.

Interview Questions

• What do I find hardest to do when I can't see the customer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harland Clarke.

Interview

Very much like everyone I've had. Starts off with an interview with HR to determine if the job is for you and if you might be a good fit.

From there, you get a chance to speak with your potential manager for a phone interview.
    If that goes well, you get an onsite interview (suit and tie-clean shaven) where you'll meet with the manager and one or two other key hiring decision makers.

That's your chance- you either sold them or you didn't. A big thing is compensation: if you agreed or were smart enough to know the lowest and highest allowed for the position than don't try to go for more than the allowed amount. Leaves a bad taste and even if your awesome- there's always another person willing and able.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized and manage projects so you can meet or exceed client deadlines?   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harland Clarke (San Antonio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The first interview was really intense and probably the most serious interview I have ever been in. They pick the top 3 for the second interview and then they pick 1 for the internship. The first interview is tough but once you get to the second one it was super easy and chill.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions? Show me your best work that you have done. On a scale from 1-10, how good are you at Adobe Creative suite software? What have you done in your past internships?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harland Clarke (San Antonio, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Staffing Agency sent my information to HR. I had an hour long phone interview with senior talent acquisition recruiter a week after applying. After initial phone interview I was asked to come in for an in person interview with the direct Supervisor the interview process took around two hours asking basic questions along with requesting that I ask several questions to see how interested I was in the position and what my concerns were about the position. He also wanted to get a feel for my personality and how I would fit with the other team members. I Received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you set a goal and were unsuccessful.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harland Clarke (San Antonio, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews on phone and in person. The whole process was extremely disorganized.
    During the on site interview one interviewer was extremely unprofessional, rude and hostile,he came 15 minutes late did not bother to apologize and had no clue why he was interviewing me.His interview questions ranged from unprepared to insulting. Apparently he himself had started a week back and was in a senior director role. Other interviewers behaved professionally.
    Was told that there will be a final interview with another team but even after a month nothing has been set up and the HR keeps on saying that he hasn't got any instructions or feedback.
    I have now decided to pursue other interests and would be ignoring their calls, if they bother.

Interview Questions

• How do I know you wont leave this job?   1 Answer

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harland Clarke (San Antonio, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was casual, light atmosphere. Emphasis was placed on the flexibility in schedule and work/life balance. The interview was done via 1on1 and then via group or panel interview.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you had in mergers and acquisitions, absorbing roles and responsibilities?   Answer Question