Harlem United Community Aids Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harlem United Community Aids Center

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harlem United Community Aids Center (New York, NY).

Interview

2 interviews
    1 by supervisor, 2 by group and 1 client
    Just be calm and confident. Similar to many interviews you probably already had. Just remember they are clickish. I would not recommend this job politics is very unfair

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harlem United Community Aids Center (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The same as how it was described by the other person, it was very intensive. Many questions were asked there was a reassurance whether you were the person they wanted to hire or not. Both Managers were sincere and showed that they are willing to help everystep of the way when you are a part of their team.

Interview Questions

• How would you ask your Client to pay rent? Are you comfortable with asking?   Answer Question

BHS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harlem United Community Aids Center in August 2014.

Interview

I had a panel interview with clinical supervisors who were friendly and appeared very attentive to my responses. I felt comfortable asking questions because of their friendliness. The interview lasted about 45-60mins but it did not seem long because we were so engaged in our discussions of getting to know the agency and getting to know me as a candidate. Keep in mind that HR may take a while to process paperwork, background check, etc.

Interview Questions

• Usually interviewers will tell you about the agency, but I was asked 'can you tell us what you know about the agency?' Do your research beforehand of course! And something along the lines of 'what can you contribute to HU?'   Answer Question

Healthcare Interview

Interview

Very long process. Formal interview followed by group conducted by staff and clients

Interview Questions

• Do you have issues with People afflicted with HIV/AIDS   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harlem United Community Aids Center (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, in person one on one, group interview

Phone and one on one were very straight forward, really trying to feel out your personality and genuine interest in the position. Group interview was a little stiff, it feels like they pull in people who don't really have much of a stake in whether you join in or not. Overall, i felt like the process went quickly enough, and that it was simple and straight forward. This was a few years ago though, and at this time i believe the hiring process is slower.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about harm reduction

What do you know about motivational interviewing

Do you have housing experience? How would you handle this scenario (enter tricky scenario related to home visits such as safety issues, etc)

What is it that you like about Harlem United's mission

Do you have experience working in the populations of chronically ill, mentally ill, chronically homeless, etc.
      Answer Question

Bilingual Clinical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harlem United Community Aids Center (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process is very similar to other agencies doing the same work. 2 interviews 1 individual interview with HR and the second is a group interview where you meet the team you will work with and 2 clients.

Negotiation

No negotiation they offered said they could not do better due to their contracts.

Human Resource Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harlem United Community Aids Center (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

It was very haphazard but this was a few years ago and I believe the HR director has changed since then. They called me from the agency, I went and met with the director who told me that should would hire me as a temp but that even if I was great she would not make me permanent since I came from an agency and she did not want to pay fees. She ended up hiring me anyway and I stayed on for a few years. She was not very good at interviewing did not ask knowledge based questions, I felt as though it was more about whether or not she was able to build a rapport with me.

Interview Questions

• It was more conversational than actual knowledge based.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harlem United Community Aids Center (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

One phone interview, one interview with a program coordinator or managing director followed by panel interview.

Interview Questions

• How are you any different from someone else that applies?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You either accept the salary or not work there.

Manging Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harlem United Community Aids Center (New York, NY) in November 2008.

Interview

First Interview with the direct Supervisor. The second interview consisted of a penal of officers.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. A specific salary was demanded on take it or leave it basis and was asscepted.

Manging Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harlem United Community Aids Center in March 2010.

Interview

The process can be lengthy and can take a few months

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 Years/   1 Answer