Harley-Davidson, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harley-Davidson, Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at Harley-Davidson, Inc.

2.9

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online; contacted less than 24 hrs for interview. In person interview with manager and sales/finance manager the day after the call. 2nd round interview 2 days later with GM- filled out paperwork on the spot and asked when I was available to start. Process took less than 1 week. Very laid back, and everyone was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding resume and why you want to work for Harley   Answer Question

Negotiation

Benefits, vacation time, and commission. Interesting commission structure- paid for everything you do to make connections with, and follow up with, potential customers.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process at manager level includes behavioral and operational questions. When answering stick to job description, it will help because unless you´re interviewed by hiring manager, HR does not add any value to the process.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Cleveland, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Straight forward situational questions regarding how you manage projects: manage people, process, budget, cost, deliverables, etc. And HD provided an IT requirements list that, if you read carefully, contains conflicting elements. Be careful as most of the interview process circumvents these conflicts on which you, as the PM with high visibility with dealers and the Dealer group, are judged.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you ask what the most challenging part of this job is, and what most challenges the IT department to deliver on committments.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. in May 2012.

Interview

Over the phone interview with normal behavior questions. "Name a time you disagreed with a peer, boss, etc." The interview total length was around 30 minutes. It was a very laid back and easy process. Received and accepted the offer about one week later.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Kansas City, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

Started with a phone interview that seemed more broad than expected for the job applied to. The interview itself entailed speaking with a couple of personnel who presented the exact same questions as those presented during the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• None because everything was a repeat of the phone interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing due to this being contract.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2019.

Interview

I started with a phone interview. They called me in to do an onsite interview with a group of five people. The questions were mostly behavioral based with some very general technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple tasks at once.   1 Answer

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview on site at a major career fair. Really good personnel used in interviewing process at company. Very friendly, but make sure that you know your information although they will work toward your strong points as well.

Interview Questions

• When taking into account the materials of a suspension, what are some factors that you would take into consideration when designing?   Answer Question

Quality Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (York, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

Tough Interview Questions. Be prepared. Harley-Davidson is definitely looking for specifics in your qualifications and experience. If you are not bringing your best to the interview it is not likely you will secure a career at Harley-Davidson.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great!

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

I was afforded the opportunity to interview with HD through the college that I attend and the interview was held on campus. I met with two HR professionals from HD and they were very nice. The interview itself lasted about 30 minutes. The questions were mainly behavioral in nature.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Kansas City, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

(I would like to start out that I'm a current employee and I knew three of the people in my interview.) There were five people in my interview and each of them asked two questions. One person in particular, someone I knew, asked me three or more follow up questions to everything I was answering. They seemed to insinuate that I was lying about things and even told the head of HR to look into something regarding my work history. It felt more like an interrogation than an interview. Interviews are something that come generally easy for me. All you have to do is be honest and discuss previous work you've done. I've only had one other interview at HD before so I'm not really sure that this type of interview is how things are done. I hope not.

Interview Questions

• Name a controversial incident that you were part of in a previous position, how you handled it, and how your actions influenced others.   1 Answer