Harley-Davidson, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harley-Davidson, Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at Harley-Davidson, Inc.

2.9

Human Resources Generalist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2012.

Interview

Informal interview in Milwaukee office corporate lounge with HR Manager who put me at ease. We were able to connect, however the employment agency neglected to inform me of all the skillsets needed so I felt ill-prepared.

Interview Questions

Interview

You will be interviewed by a group of engineers

Service Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc..

Interview

Basic phone call screening...asked my experience with motorcycles and asked me to come in to get to know me. Went in and everything went well and they offered me a job, but the salary wasnt enough.

Not enough money offered

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2018.

Interview

I was interview in person at the headquarter in Milwaukee, the manager asked a lot of technical questions about my previous project experience, the whole interview took 1.5 hour but it was pretty laid back.

Interview Questions

• Talk about my experience dealing with difficult manager or leader.   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2009.

Interview

2 interviews detailed techinical questioning and HR questioning. Offer extended shortly after last interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a weakeness or something you can improve. This question is always a struggle for anyone to answer because we tend to focus on our streangths and don't want to ruin our chances at getting hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little negotiation as the offer was much better than my previous employer

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2018.

Interview

Really well-constructed program which is well advertised and competitive. Suprised that they paid for my travel expenses and then didn't offer me. Considering the companies new direction to appeal to younger buyers, I feel like they are not listening to the younger buyer, and going with the old "were gonna tell them what they want" approach.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Why is Harley Davidson Important to you?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Wauwatosa, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter and the initial process was pretty fast. I was brought in for an interview that was rather unorganized. The questions they asked were off a list and impersonal. I never was really interviewed by people in the group I would have worked with, so it was hard to ask questions about the position. After the interview, I was surprised I never heard back from them one way or another...pretty rude for this level of position.

Interview Questions

• They asked the difference between 2 specific engineering terms that no one would use after college.   2 Answers

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. in February 2014.

Interview

Excellent communication process. Recruiter was exceptional - professional, friendly, enthusiastic and thorough. She was also very prompt in responding and answering questions. My phone screen with recruiter was pretty straightforward. I then had a phone interview with hiring manager which was enjoyable, professional but fun.

Director Interview

Interview

Recruiter for Harley-Davidson was not well organized or reliable. It was unclear if the recruiter was an employee of Harley or under contract. Would call me and then not get back to me for days. Didn't really understand much about the role he was recruiting me for. My suspicions were that the job wasn't big enough, but it took weeks to arrive at that conclusion because the recruiter made the job to sound bigger than it really was.

Could not agree on salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2012.

Interview

Primarily based upon Behavior Interviewing. If familiar with this type of interviewing, one can prepare with recalling situations that illiustrate the "expected behaviors." Accomplishments, roles played in them and how particular challenges were identified and addressed need to be more emphasized because folks that know how to cookbook these interviews are favored over individuals that have higher accomplishments and addressed challenges within them more effectively.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when communication was difficult with a team, what did you do?   1 Answer