Harley-Davidson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2017

2.9

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Brutal- focusing on previous interactions with minority employees. ability to please supervisor with correct personal answers based on her background. How do you answer this question without appearing to not be a team player but also not succumbing to cliques in the workplace?

Interview Questions

• how would you handle being in a team where everyone appeared to worship the supervisor but you had an issue with the way that they did business?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy and straightforward, not much of a hassle, just wow them with your experience and you pretty much get the job. The lady was very nice and very straightforward with the questions. The environment feeling was great, as you'd expect from a Harley Davidson dealership, manly and bold (if you're into that).

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? Give me your responsibilities at your last job? Are you a people person? Why did you leave your most recent jobs?   Answer Question

The starting pay was $8.50, the lady told me that everybody started at that wage. Well I felt disappointed cause I believe I have a solid work history and I felt the pay was too low for my taste.

Supply Chain Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within a week of applying, then travel was covered to plant to interview. Director checked out LinkedIn after the interview, so have this updated! Interviewed directly with the hiring manager, received a tour of the facility, very laid back and not lengthy or intense.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Interview

I have first interview set up for next week. The pay is less than I expected but I'm going to interview anyway. I will. Shat again after next week. It's hard trying to get 30 words

Sales Associate Apparel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson (Allen, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Laid back. Easy fun and informative. Just a one on one with the manager. She was very nice and easy to talk to. Once she decided I was a good fit she walked me upstairs and we talked for a bit and she set up my drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Not a lot of questions just more basic conversation about my past experience and how they were relevant to the positions available.   1 Answer

Retail Supply Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Very informal, no meeting rooms, interviewees didn't dress up, very casual. Job description was very vague, after starting the position I found out why, it's not an ideal job. They failed to mention that it was a desk position, which I clearly stated I was not interested in. I applied for the position bc of the project opportunities and it turned out I only got to work on a project for 2 months of the contract and only a few hours a week. I opted to leave the position because of the negative vibe I got from management; very clear upper management also did not have a clue was going on down-line.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none, it was take it or leave it. I should have seen that as a red flag since this was no considered entry level.

Quality Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson (Franklin, WI).

Interview

Ridiculously drawn out. Some 4 weeks from online application to first interview. Nearly 7 weeks delay to second interview. Another month with a third interview, writing sample, reference check and astronaut physical before offer. All tolled, 4 months and a 20% pay cut too boot, and this with insider support - a virtual orgy of wasted time and human effort

Interview Questions

• A panel machine gunning you with behavioral interviewing questions. Make sure you eat your Wheaties before you sit for one of these.   1 Answer

Materials Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application to the job in mid-April. I went to an on-campus meet-and-great to see the supervisor of the position a week later. The supervisor stated he'd pass my resume along to HR. A few days went by and HR e-mailed me to schedule a phone interview. After that, a few more days passed by. HR then gave me a callback to schedule an on-site in-person interview. Got a callback a day after the on-site interview stating that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked a mixture of technical and personal questions...caught me off guard, but answered to their liking.
      Example of Personal)
      Where do you see yourself in five years?
      Example of Technical)
      How would you describe the Supply Chain using an element from the Earth?
      Answer Question

Fit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson (Orlando, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a personal face-to-face interview with the managers. During the interview, they were very interested to see prior experience with motorcycles and contribution to the industry or community. Background check, drug test, and personality test were required for employment.

Interview Questions

• What makes you most excited about motorcycles and how do you plan on getting others excited?   Answer Question

New Product Development Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process was not hard. I was just caught off guard by having an interview with multiple people at once. I really bombed on my answering of the questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were behavioral and experience related.   1 Answer