Harmony Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harmony Public Schools Interview Questions

Interviews at Harmony Public Schools

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Austin, TX) in April 2020.

Interview

The process took 3 weeks. I had a virtual HR interview in early April 2020 due to the COVID19 pandemic. I got an email 2 weeks later from HSI Austin wanting to interview me. I didn't get an offer, but they were kind enough to let me know before the weekend.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools.

Interview

Interview was very laid back and relaxing! The assistant principal through out a few scenarios to test my classroom management style. I was initially a bit alarmed because I had a similar time slot as another interviewee, but after speaking with the asst. principal, I felt somewhat confident that I had landed the job. I was honest, transparent and engaging.

Teaching Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools.

Interview

It was professional and smooth. I did a demo lesson and spoke about my teaching experience and class management skills. I was well prepared. They asked questions and I asked as well.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools in July 2019.

Interview

The interview was in two stages. The first interview was with the AP and the second interview was with the principal. The questions are open-minded as they want to get to know you and your values, but mainly they are judging whether they think you will be willing and capable of the demands of the job. In my experience, I was misled in what to expect from the school in terms of job duties, student behavior, and classroom/curricular support.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge in your previous position?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Interview

My interview with Harmony went really well. First, I had to interview at the main campus and present a sample lesson for the grade I was interviewing for which was a little intimidating but they were very nice. After I got past that stage I interviewed with the principal of my campus who was very nice and easy going, she basically told me I had the job in the interview.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Houston, TX).

Interview

This is the worst process I've ever seen, the first thing they did was contacting my reference for feedback before they even decide on my application whether to accept it or not. No communication and I've never heard back anything from them!!!

Elementary ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Houston, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

After attending HPS job fair I was called to interview at three campuses. All the interviews were done with at least two or more staff there. After the initial interview, I was called back to do a demonstration lesson and then again for a third interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your teaching experience? How do you handle classroom management? What qualities do you bring to the table? Can you work with disadvantaged children? What three words describe you?   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools.

Interview

You go to the front office ask for the principal or whoever is interviewing you. They come out and greet you. You go into their office and they start by asking background questions and then they ask if you’ve ever worked in office settings. Then they go over the job requirements

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was pretty quick and easy. They'll contact you with what is missing in order to move forward. It is important for you to get these things done in order to speed up the hiring process. Fingerprinting background check was a part of the process. Got an interview within a month of applying.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed twice for this position and it seemed to go very well and was told the decision would be made by the end of the week. I went two or more weeks without hearing anything. I soon received an email saying I was not selected and the job was offered to someone else. Well that appeared to be a lie because the job was immediately re-posted. FYI the job is still posted, months later so that says a lot about Harmony Public School's Administration!

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions was asked. There was nothing out of the ordinary asked.   1 Answer