Harmony Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harmony Public Schools Interview Questions

Interviews at Harmony Public Schools

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Standard teacher interview. A small group of Administrators. Sit down and chat type interview. They wanted to get a feel of who I was and what I wanted out of working at Harmony.

Interview Questions

• Where I wanted to be in 5 years.   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools.

Interview

It was a three part process. I attended a job fair and was interviewed by staff from various Harmony campuses. Then I was invited in for an in office interview with school administration. Afterwards, I was invited to create and teach a lesson for a class of Harmony students. I was put in contact with a grade level teacher to get basic information on topics the class was covering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Corporate office interview required lesson plan and 15 minute lesson presentation incorporating technology. I would not recommend lessons that require answers. You are to present as if they are a class, but they do not provide answers like a class would.

Interview Questions

• How would you modify plan for ELL students?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools.

Interview

The interview process was not daunting and was overall incredibly easy. I met with the Principal (now former Principal) for about 20 minutes and discussed a few items on my resume and my previous experience with children and what I hoped to gain from my experience at Harmony.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was a "What if" scenario that involved a child that had multiple disorders and situational tendencies that I was not familiar with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unfortunately, there were absolutely no negotiations.I was virtually scolded for making a counter offer.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Called for a first interview with the recruiters, a week later I was called for a second interview with the CFO, then a week later, I was called for a third interview with the hiring manager of the department along with the CFO. A week later I was called by the CFO and was offered the job. I received an email from the hiring supervisor for my first day of work and hours.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know excel and after I answered the question I was given an excel test. How well do you work in a group? Explain your job history in detail? Why should we hire you to work for our company?   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was pretty quick and easy. They'll contact you with what is missing in order to move forward. It is important for you to get these things done in order to speed up the hiring process. Fingerprinting background check was a part of the process. Got an interview within a month of applying.

Front Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Grand Prairie, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

The principal asks about preparation, experience, what would you do etc. basic personality questions, they want to see you are a good fit for the environment. They strongly believe that the Front Office Staff should be welcoming and should represent the school properly, they consider Front Office Staff as representatives of the school inside and out of the building. It is not hard interview not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

An offer was provided within a day or two, don't remember pretty well.

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools.

Interview

You go to the front office ask for the principal or whoever is interviewing you. They come out and greet you. You go into their office and they start by asking background questions and then they ask if you’ve ever worked in office settings. Then they go over the job requirements

Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Euless, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Called in and had a quick 30 minute interview. Was hired based on professional experience without teaching certification.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one. I got paid more than other teachers because of experience in the scientific community.

Science Teacher Interview

Interview

Principal and couple admins asked basic questions. Why education, why teaching? What makes you a good teacher? Why should I hire you? Then asked about reasons for leaving the previous school. Went through my resume. Described several hypothetical situations that a teacher could face when teaching. And asked for my reaction and plan of action. At the end asked if I had any questions about the school system. I got a call back to teach a mock class in front of same people. I had to prepare a lesson plan as well. It was a little awkward when admins simulated a misbehaving student and watched how I reacted and handled the situation. We also talked about the STEM focus and after school activities.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the principal asks you to do something that is not part of your educational practices and you do not agree with?   Answer Question