Harmony Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Harmony Public Schools

2.7

ELA Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Houston, TX).

Interview

I received a call from the school clerk to set up a interview. I met with the principal & had a one on one meeting. It was simple with straight to the point questions.

ELA Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Houston, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Interviewing was easy, AP talked more about her being on teacher's side although come to find out that she was not and didn't even have an AP degree. I was more educated than she was. Taught mock lesson and the only questions were "what if's" and most of them were very generic or elementary.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student didn't want to do work   1 Answer

Elementary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Grand Prairie, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I had one interview with the head principal a few days before school started so I don't know if they would normally have other administration or secondary interviews without a time crunch. I then had a phone interview with someone from HR.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle classroom management?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed twice for this position and it seemed to go very well and was told the decision would be made by the end of the week. I went two or more weeks without hearing anything. I soon received an email saying I was not selected and the job was offered to someone else. Well that appeared to be a lie because the job was immediately re-posted. FYI the job is still posted, months later so that says a lot about Harmony Public School's Administration!

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions was asked. There was nothing out of the ordinary asked.   1 Answer

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Houston, TX).

Interview

Was recruited shortly after graduation and asked what position I would like to pursue. I chose counseling due to my previous experience and passion for helping students achieve their goals and transitioning to new chapters in their lives. After a few days I was placed in a school where I was interviewed again and completed the necessary process in order to work for HPS. I was told I needed a little more experience and would be trained. I was partially trained, then was assigned to a completely different job than what I signed up for.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Uncomfortably long, long process with 2 teachers/administrative staff in attendance.
    Didn't get any real answers, prevarication and changing of topic kept me from finding any real answers. Stared down by other employees.

Interview Questions

• How much did they think I would be comfortable accepting as a wage hourly?   2 Answers

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday night. Monday morning I received a call to come in for an interview and scheduled it that same week on a Thursday. I first interviewed with two Directors in the department. The Next week I interview with the Chief Officer for the department and got hired on the spot.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Houston, TX).

Interview

This is the worst process I've ever seen, the first thing they did was contacting my reference for feedback before they even decide on my application whether to accept it or not. No communication and I've never heard back anything from them!!!

High School Math Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (El Paso, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview is typically last minute. If you're interviewed it means chill is starting soon or school has started and the teacher left. I was called up for an interview three hours after they called. They ask you to prepare a lesson to teach them. The interview was with the principal and the feasting coordinator. Questions were very basic, what experience do you have teaching. For a first time teacher, really get into your teachings internship. The tasked questions about classroom management and how you would deal with difficult students. After about fifteen minutes the principal and AP stepped out. They came back in and offered me a job. I did not have to present my lesson, however, that was uncommon. Everyone else who worked there dos have to teach their lesson.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement project based learning into your lessons?   Answer Question

Elementary ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Houston, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

After attending HPS job fair I was called to interview at three campuses. All the interviews were done with at least two or more staff there. After the initial interview, I was called back to do a demonstration lesson and then again for a third interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your teaching experience? How do you handle classroom management? What qualities do you bring to the table? Can you work with disadvantaged children? What three words describe you?   Answer Question