Harmony Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harmony Public Schools Interview Questions

Interviews at Harmony Public Schools

2.7

Ap Calculus Teacher Interview

Interview

It was extremely quick from the phone interview to the in person interview. I got a call on wednesday and they asked a couple of questions about my background and then 10 minutes later they asked me to come in for an in person interview that friday. In person interview was very basic and straightforward. Extremely casual.

Interview Questions

• I had to give a sample lesson plan to the assistant principle and the head of the math department. Still very simple.   Answer Question

The funding only allowed for a part-time sub position.

ELA Teacher, 7th Grade Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by the AP of the High School in Sugarland, was informed that the Department Head was out sick that day after I was interviewed and told that I would be called to come back in when the DH returned.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage the classroom behavior and what would you do if you had a student who was unfocused and disturbing the class.   1 Answer

Teacher-sub Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Odessa, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

First, emailed to see if they had openings. Then, about 5 weeks later, I received a response in my email to call and set up an interview time. Once I interviewed for a position, they offered me a full-time position instead of a sub position. It was a wonderful interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experiences in education and my job experiences and what types of educational software I had experience using.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer of a salary I had never been able to achieve at the last school district I'd worked for just amazed me. Harmony pays more for their teachers and I was rather pleased.

Public-Facing Communications Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Houston, TX).

Interview

The hiring manager reached out in a timely fashion and we set up a few phone screen, which followed a more formal interview, which led to an invitation to a sit-down with the manager and another employee. This is where got awkward - I don't know if it was a good-cop-bad-cop situation they were trying to do, but the second interviewer walked in late, was inattentive and constantly on their phone, and asked all their questions in ways that could easily have been asked much less antagonistically. At one point, the person asked, "What makes you think you'd fit in?" (without looking at me for longer than two seconds if memory serves) and that's when I knew everyone's time was being wasted. Spare yourself the awkwardness that, if it doesn't pop up in an interview, will catch up naturally with a controversial CEO.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you'd fit in? (It may have been "be a fit.")   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools in August 2011.

Interview

There was a model lesson and to get the job what is most important is to be able to control the class via engagement and firmness upon first meeting the students.

Interview Questions

• 1. Are you lawfully able to work in the United States?
      1. Are certified to be a teacher in the state of Texas?
      2. Good, let's schedule a model lesson.
      3. Would you mind opening the possibility to also teach other subjects such as.....   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools.

Interview

i had 5 different interviews at 5 different school in 4 different cities with Harmony. I lived in Dallas and drove to Houston for one interview. I told the person one the phone that I did not have a SPED cert yet even though they wanted to interview me for that position. She claimed it was okay because charter schools had different standards and they didn’t require I have it. So I took off work and traveled to Houston only for the interviewer to tell me that I qualify for the position because I had not obtained the SPED cert yet.
    This school system wasted my time.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rustenburg, North-West (South Africa)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Rustenburg, North-West (South Africa)) in October 2016.

Interview

They do not keep promises what they tell you in the interview. I did get more classes to look after that was discussed with me and they did not keep they promise to keep me working there I was there under false inspetations