Harmony Public Schools Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harmony Public Schools Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at Harmony Public Schools

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

A bit awkward - not a lot of notice and did not seem very professional. Very relaxed, but almost too relaxed. Seemed like the administrators were just highlighting positive things while leaving certain issues out. For example, I am not sure if I can trust the salary or class size based on other reviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Harmony Public Schools

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools in January 2017.

Interview

Attended A Harmony job fair. The wait time was extensive, but the first interview was fairly easy. Some of the second interviews were done there. They also were fairly easy. However, they don't contact anyone until April or May, and the fair was in January. The waiting game is horrible.

Interview Questions

Still waiting to hear from them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed for Harmony at one of the job fairs. It started normal with "tell me about yourself?" question. As soon as they found out that I currently teach at a private school, the interviews asked me questions assuming that my students are not diverse in any aspect of life. If you currently teach at a private school, don't apply.

Interview Questions

• In charter schools you have students that are more diverse. You have students that are gifted and talented and students who are effected by their socio-economic status, how would you teach that diversity?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Interview

My interview with Harmony went really well. First, I had to interview at the main campus and present a sample lesson for the grade I was interviewing for which was a little intimidating but they were very nice. After I got past that stage I interviewed with the principal of my campus who was very nice and easy going, she basically told me I had the job in the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Multiple interview process beginning with a Harmony Job fair. Separated out into groups and answered questions that were very general. Told they would give me a call if interested. Came back for another interview with a panel. Called a couple of weeks later with offer

Interview Questions

• What teaching experience do you have   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

I attended a job fair held by HPS. I waiting in my content area line. Submitted my resume to the people at the table. After a quick review, they did an initial interview. A week or so later, the campus principal from my preferred campus called for a second interview and a sample teach. After this, I was called back in and offered the teaching position. This is a standard process for most schools.

Interview Questions

• What are the reasons you want/wanted to go into education and what are your future professional goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Katy, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was asked to prepare and demonstrate a lesson. My "students" were the admin team. I completed my lesson and the admin asked me questions, to see how I would deal with different behaviors and attitudes.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to leave your old school?
      What are your goals in education?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

They had a very thorough interview process, but had asked some interview questions I did not expect a school to ever ask. I received a call back for a second interview that went very well, and they said they’d have an offer to me by the end of the day. I never heard from them again. They called a reference of mine and she gave me a recommendation. Oh well! I’m happy where I’m at now!

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about home visits to your students’ houses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Corporate office interview required lesson plan and 15 minute lesson presentation incorporating technology. I would not recommend lessons that require answers. You are to present as if they are a class, but they do not provide answers like a class would.

Interview Questions

• How would you modify plan for ELL students?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harmony Public Schools.

Interview

The interview process was not daunting and was overall incredibly easy. I met with the Principal (now former Principal) for about 20 minutes and discussed a few items on my resume and my previous experience with children and what I hoped to gain from my experience at Harmony.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was a "What if" scenario that involved a child that had multiple disorders and situational tendencies that I was not familiar with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unfortunately, there were absolutely no negotiations.I was virtually scolded for making a counter offer.