Harmony School of Science Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Harmony School of Science

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harmony School of Science

Language Arts Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harmony School of Science in November 2015.

Interview

Clean and well kept school. Interview started late. Several people part of interview. They did not read my resume nor have a copy of it. I was prepared for two subjects to interview for. They pointed out my certification did not cover the class they wanted me to teach. Yet they called me for an interview. It felt like I was there to get a critique of my resume rather than see how well I would fit. Strong feeling one if them did not like me as a person or a teacher. However, they did point out one flaw in resume that I overlooked and it is fixable.
    It would have been helpful to know their names before the interview for a thank you note and to address them properly.

They did not disclose these items that I discovered when it was my turn to ask:
    Teachers hand out meals, clean rooms, handle pick up and dismissal, and fill in as subs.
    Teachers do get planning but it can be taken away if anyone needs a sub.
    No restroom breaks. You must only have the urge during planning.
    You work optional paid salaries in fall.
    YOU MUST WORK EVERY SATURDAY IN SPRING.
    You may NOT have a classroom! They may give you a cart that you push around instead

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my last job?   Answer Question
    • why did you leave the previous job?   1 Answer
    • Where were you working 6 years ago? I am very concerned about how many jobs you have had.   1 Answer
    • When asked why should I want to work here on this particular campus?   1 Answer
    • You are not certified in the area we are interviewing you for?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harmony School of Science (Houston, TX).

Interview

2-3 interviews. You'll most likely have an interview with the principal (hopefully its not Mr. Torun by that time), and he will go over very basic procedures on what he expects from you.

Interview Questions

• They will ask numerous questions regarding behavioral management.   1 Answer