Harnham Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harnham Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

2.8

Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harnham (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by a day in the office where I had a face to face interview and spent a few hours on the sales floor shadowing the team. I made a few phone calls after lunch and was offered that afternoon. It was good to get such an indepth look into the company, recruitment and I came away with a good feeling of the culture and teams.

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harnham (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

First Stage: Phone Call learning more about you and where information about the company was sent to me
    Second Stage: First Phone interview with Internal Recruiter
    Third Stage: Phone Interview with Partner
    Fourth Stage: Trail Day at the company (with two interviews)

They are very friendly and the Trail Day really allows you to see what recruitment is. I would advise however doing a lot of research on recruitment before engaging in the interview process. The Internal Recruiter is especially great as she will always be very honest with you. After 3 hours in the company, I saw this was not a good fit for me and I was able to discuss it with her extensively with them always being extremely helpful and supportive in my decision. The company keeps good contact with you during the interview process.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harnham (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial telephone discussion about me and my interest in recruitment followed by a telephone interview. Appreciated the honesty about recruitment and what I could expect - they weren't just trying to sell me the best case scenario, instead, they wanted to ensure I knew the good and the bad. In the end it was agreed that recruitment wasn't the best route for me but I appreciated the patience and insight they shared to get me there.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working in a sales enviroment?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wimbledon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Harnham (Wimbledon, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was approached by the internal recruiter via LinkedIn. After an initial telephone interview I attended an interview at their Wimbledon office with the Head of Operations. Excellent support and insight provided by the internal recruiter before the interview. Positive interview experience all round.

Interview Questions

• Run through previous achievements and relate to the role   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wimbledon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harnham (Wimbledon, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Harnham called up really soon after I had applied online. A telephone interview was conducted. Unfortunately, I felt I had to really try to get word in edge ways as the internal recruiter talked so much about the job and herself, it didn't feel like I was being interviewed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harnham in March 2016.

Interview

To begin the process I had a telephone interview with the Internal Recruiter at Harnham. She asked me questions surrounding my understanding of the role and why I was interested in working in recruitment. Following from this I was invited to a F2F competency based interview with a Partner. This interviewed focused on my skills and why I wanted to work for Harnham. After this I was invited to a trial day where I got to meet the team, shadow the consultants and really get to see what the role is like on a daily basis. The following day the internal recruiter offered me the position and I gladly accepted!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harnham in January 2016.

Interview

Great - you get to have a trial day and see exactly what you would be doing - you also get taken for lunch with a couple of consultants so the opportunity to find out what it is really like to work for Harnham!

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harnham in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online with my CV, initially contacted to arrange a phone interview, this is followed by a skype interview then you're invited to come in for a face-to-face interview with a senior partner. Finally there's a trial assessment day where you actually call up clients/candidates etc. The phone interview and skype interview are basically just to go over your CV and whether you understand what recruitment actually involves. The senior partner interview is very similar but they will ask competency questions, make sure you have thought of examples of where you've demonstrated these abilities and use the STAR technique.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into recruitment?   Answer Question
    • What 3 key qualities do you think a recruitment consultant should possess?   2 Answers

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harnham (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Harnham's interview process had a variety of stages. First I had a competency based first stage interview, then I was invited back in for a trial day. During the trial day I had an interview with one of the partners at Harnham, shadowed some calls consultants were making, went for lunch then had the opportunity to make some calls of my own. Before the trial day I was a bit dubious of being in an environment that I wasn't familiar with and making calls to candidates working in a market that I wasn't sure of. As soon as I arrived for my trial day I was put at ease with such a nice sales floor that gave me all the help I wanted to be able to perform my best on my trial day. I was advised to practice the STAR technique to help with answer preparation due to being a graduate and not having experience within the sector. This proved great help as I was able to get across my examples in a concise way.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harnham in February 2009.

Interview

The interview process involved a face to face interview with two senior consultants from Harnham over dinner. The process was pleasant and enabled us to discuss the company and its growth plans at length. This was followed up by a telephone conversation at a later date to discuss the finer details and then a team meeting.