Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD

Helpline Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (Houston, TX).

Interview

The whole thing was pretty painless. You have a phone interview then you will receive a callback for an in person interview if selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you've had to calm an irate person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. At the end of the interview, the Clinical Team Leader, the panel and myself agreed that I was not the right person for this particular position. The panel and CTL thank me for being on time for the interview, and wished me good luck as I am in the quest for employment.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was in how long I am going to accomplish my master's.   1 Answer

Psychiatric Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview is panel style for the CPEP devision. The program director, nurse, and senior Psych Tech are present. They ask a series of questions to determine your direct care experience.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you had an irate client that was starting to disturb the other clients. what did you do? was the issue resolved?   Answer Question

REHAB CLINICIAN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD.

Interview

Get a small brief phone interview with a CTL. Then you are scheduled to meet in person. If you pass that, then you are invited back for a second interview with other CTL and practice manager in one room, together.

Interview Questions

• How long you been working in a mental health agency or in the field?
      What are the disorders that MHMRA cater to?
      What are the symptoms of these disorders?
      What can you tell the agency that you are good at?
      What are some strengths or weaknesses that you can share?
      Can you think of a joke?
      What questions do you have for them?   Answer Question

Helpline Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD.

Interview

The process consisted of the conference call put in place to learn about the position. The second step is a phone interview with several behavioral interview questions and writing sample. The initial question consisted of why would you consider becoming an helpline counselor? The in person interview followed the same method of the phone interview and included taking notes over a recorded call.

REHAB CLINICIAN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD.

Interview

Easy going. I have a second interview. I am currently in college so the interviewer wants me to wait until i graduate to schedule my second interview. She stated that the turnover rate is high so there are always positions open. The first interview was with the with the supervisor of Rehab clinicians and the second would be with two members from HR.

Interview Questions

• What are your strength and weaknesses? How do I feel about working with at-risk clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, Three in-person interviews, writing sample... I submitted application in November and received a phone call in March. I received an offer in May after going through a long process and multiple interviews.

Interview Questions

• What types of medications do people take when they have mental health issues. That was so strange! I'm not a RN or MD.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted application, was called by phone for an individual interview with a CTL. This was pretty brief, she stated she liked me and invited me for a panel interview 2 days later. Attended panel interview with all CTLs and Practice Manager. Was asked questions by each CTL. Then a few days later received a call with an offer. Offer is non negotiable.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between negative and positive symptoms.   Answer Question

Child Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

It can take a very long time to get an interview. Applications are submitted online exclusively and have to go through multiple hands before (possibly) making it to the right person.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have working with children?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Super easy interview. I don't think there were any questions even asked. I was simply informed about the agency and position.
    I had a separate interview for the same position in a different department (on a different team). That interview was completely different. I was interviewed by team leaders from about 3-4 different teams all at once. That was slightly more intimidating but still went very well. The questions were very basic interview questions that were not difficult to answer. Their biggest concern was determining whether I was up for the work load,

Interview Questions

• No questions that I can remember
      In the second interview that I mentioned, they asked about my past work experience, and other very basic questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received an offer for both positions that I interviewed for within a couple of days I believe. It was very quick.