Harris Computer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harris Computer Interview Questions

Interviews at Harris Computer

2.6

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harris Computer in October 2013.

Interview

Simplest, cleanest interview ever. No trick questions. If they like your resume and you can show proof of things you have written, they get off the phone and back to business. And the recruiter I worked with (Gia Lewis and Jeffery Ackerman at TechLink, were amazing beyond belief. Fast, thorough, with a heads up on what to expect. They insisted that I make myself familiar with the product and the company, and it paid off. This is why I like working with real, living, local people rather than robo-recruiters.

Interview Questions

• There were no surprises anywhere along the way. Gia interviewed me and placed relevant information from my resume in the cover document, and off it went, Jeff told me what he knew and provided more about what they wanted. I rehearsed a brief summary about what parts of my career that seemed to relate to the company and my proposed utilization there, and I was set up for a final interviews.   Answer Question

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Albany, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Submitted Resume, called in for interview. Interviewer was plesant and informal. Was given the chance to see application, speak with staff. Interviewer was able to answer all my questions. reviewed the benefit package. Was interested in experience, availability to travel, during spring. Reviewed the new hire process.

Interview Questions

• Would I be available to travel 3-4 months of the year with in state   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was reasonable in negotiations, and able to explain descions

Microsoft Dynamics GP Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Tyler, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

Had two interviews. One with the vice president of business operations and the other with the technical support manager. This took over 2 months to complete.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any difficult questions. They were mostly about accounting and customer support.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Niagara Falls, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

I was called for a skills assessment test and an in person interview. Test had questions on Data Structures and Databases. Interview was mostly HR with few basic C++ technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Design library management system.   1 Answer

Regional Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Dover, NH) in May 2008.

Interview

1) Initial Phone Interview for initial qualification; 2) 1:1 Interview (explaining nature of postion) 3) Presentation on how I would solicit new clients (consisting of an introductory letter and proposal).

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would prospect for sales in this industry.   1 Answer
    • How would your co-workers describe you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate the base salary (initially $50,000 for six months, then dropping to $40,000) or the commission (10% of gross sales up to quota, and increasing 15% after annual quota is achieved). During the interview process, I was told that I would be able to make up the difference in base salary through ongoing commissions. I tried to negotiate the base salary on the fact that the sales cycle is long (6 to 12 months). The interviewer explained that the sales cycle is really 3 to 6 months and was therefore not willing to negotiate. To make more, one must sell more. After nearly a year in this position, it is more realistic to say that the sales cycle is 6 to 12 months. I have sold several clients; however, the commission percentage and base salary still remain non-negotiable - even after subsequent discussions.

Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Had a great initial phone screening with HR. Lots of information regarding culture, high level technical questions & overall positive attitude. Did not receive a call back, although that was listed as a next step regardless of the outcome.

Applications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2019.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews. The first round was with a Director (very nice) who found me impressive and approved me for a second round with two people I was supposed to work with if successful. Strangely, it was more like they were intimidated by my responses which were honest. Towards the end, their responses were more like, the company is laid back in their operations and processes and since I am innovative, the organization might not be a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about your current workplace?   1 Answer
    • What motivates you?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      How do you handle a difficult stakeholder?
      Do you know how to train using Webex?   Answer Question

Applications Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2019.

Interview

- Directly by my Manager (Customer Services Director), surprising action from beginning.
    - Was warm welcome and friendly.
    - Let me free to choose the interview's schedule.
    - Respect my current job and give the time to make a friendly transition for old company.

Interview Questions

• - Company point most interest me
      - Current activity at work
      - Experience   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

The interview process was great from start to finish. First contact with the HR team in setting up and scheduling an interview. Had a phone screening and moved to an in person interview at the offices with the hiring manager and her manager (two people panel). Quick, effective, easy-going, and pretty standard interview questions. Harris follows a series of questions and customizes based on the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Describe the marketing and sales funnel and how you have implemented tactics for each stage of the funnel.   Answer Question

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2019.

Interview

I was emailed for the Director of New Business position. When I got on the phone with the VP, she mentioned that they are hiring an internal, more experienced candidate for that and wanted to speak to me for the sales account manager position. This will be emptying because of the internal change. She explained the company, the vision, and the role really well. The role was to sell the Acceo smart vendor solution (which is a POS) that competes with Square and other leaders in the space. I lost interest after she mentioned the base will be $50K for a for 5+ years experienced position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what were you doing in your most recent position, what do you know about Harris computer, what type of role are you looking for.   Answer Question