Harris Computer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harris Computer Interview Questions

Interviews at Harris Computer

2.6

Sales Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in October 2018.

Interview

Very good attitude through overall process . there were three sessions of Interview first was from Contour software, then Harris Team Leader, then VP Finance. Then got a offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me the situation where you had a problem in your previous job and how you dealt with that   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harris Computer.

Interview

First they called me for phone interview by HR department.
    They in a couple of days some senior leads there called me on Skype for technical assesment. and in next 3 or 4 days i was given a job offer.

Interview Questions

• ASP.NET Web API experience and techniques for building RESTful APIs
      simple SQL questions   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2018.

Interview

Very casual they asked me about my experience and just seemed to want to get a feel for me more than anything. Accommodating with time of interview. Only one interview was required before offering me the position

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Standard 1 hour technical interview. Be sure to brush up on SQL queries before interviewing. It is also helpful to have some utility billing experience or general experience with ERP systems.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Computer.

Interview

First step was a phone interview with their HR Representative. After passing that, I was told to come in for formal interview the following week. During this interview, I met with the team and I was asked technical questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had unlimited funds and 6 months free to invest on yourself, what would you do?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted application line. Contacted a week+ later with a phone screening interview. Scheduled two weeks later to meet with one of the managers. Discussion was fairly loose and casual, while remaining on topic of the industry, role, expectations, and performance challenges.

Was told would be contacted within the following week if there was to be a follow up; or no contact if there was to be no follow up. A month+ later, no follow up. This was my first impression of the supply chain, product development, and customer relationship models. A work-life balance was not indicated throughout this discussion. Overtime has been indicated by other feedback on GD, and implied during the interview discussion. The impression is that overtime for salary positions will go unpaid, whereas the customer is still charged for the hours provided (a question that warrants further follow up).

The website is quite attractive, giving the impression of several target segments matched with products to serve unique customer/personas; the discussion explored that there is really only one product, that is then delivered through labour intensive (non scalable) methods by the team members to meet the customer's unique needs.

Questions around scheduling, resource allocation, customer relationship management, and product development left me with even more questions than I started with. Wages seem reasonable considering the industry, if travel wasn't considered, and particularly since contracts are paid in US dollars. Otherwise, the wages are a bit low. Turnover seems common in this company, and was discussed briefly (by inference) during the interview; reviewing other comments on GD was helpful towards understanding this business' value proposition to employees and customers. A specific demographic may be targeted for these roles.

The timetable for delivering each project seems a bit long (24mo) but may make sense due to the non-COTS characteristics of the software model.

Overall, seems like a really nice group. Will be interesting to see the business model in a few years and evaluate for scalability, market segmentation, product diversification, process re-engineering, and supply chain alignment.

Customer Support Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Computer.

Interview

I attended 6 interviews with Advanced Utilities Systems and was provided with a very detailed verbal job offer that didn't translate to a written offer of employment. After two follow up calls to the hiring director I was informed by email 2 weeks later that the position was awarded to a different candidate with no clear explanation given for this decision. Very poor hiring practices with this organization.

Interview Questions

• Multiple interviews with executive management were scheduled and a panel interview with a team of subordinates.   Answer Question

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I got an email from the hiring director and scheduled a time slot for telephone interview. The call was really short 7-8 minutes about my resume and also my area of interest. unfortunately I have not heard anything back from them after the call.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2009.

Interview

The phone interview was really basic, just normal things such as what have you done in the past, skills and experiences, the best project you have worked on, and what your looking for.

The 1:1 interview onsite had no technical questions during my time, all I did is explain what I did in the past and how I did it. So we just did a conversation and got the offer on the same day which was better than all the offers I got lying on the table.

It is no longer like that anymore, the interview process sucks really hard right now. I am surprised at the technical questions you get now, they have nothing to do with the job and the person asking these questions doesn't even obide to those rules. All they do is get a recruiting book and pick a question from those books.

The HR explained about the bonus structure which was at that time 30% of your salary multiplied by company performance (which was around 50% at that time). That is pretty good, considering it isn't tied to your individual performance. As well, if you perform individually, you get merit pay which is around $5000 yearly. This is all changed now, you get way less now.

Since they have changed directions completely (after 4 years), The quality of employees they hire is not to par. They are just average developers that are just looking for a job to get paid. Not a job of excitement.

If you want a job that isn't stressful something like the government but private sector and retire there, then it might be great. But don't expect innovation nor talent.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult project you have worked?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for more to be competitive with the local community and the matched it.

Analyste-programmeur Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boisbriand, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Boisbriand, QC (Canada)) in March 2019.

Interview

Entrevue bien dirigé par mon supérieur.
    On sait rapidement ce que l'employeur désire comme personne pour remplir le poste.
    Discussion agréable sur l’ensemble de l'offre d'emploi et la vision à moyen long terme sur le déroulement de la suite de ma carrière.

Interview Questions

• Le défi le plus dur que j'ai eu à relevé depuis le début de ma carrière ?   Answer Question