Harris Computer Interview Questions in Ottawa

Updated Jul 7, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Harris Computer

2.2
HardAverageEasy
Found 5 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Ottawa, ON)

Interview

Had a great initial phone screening with HR. Lots of information regarding culture, high level technical questions & overall positive attitude. Did not receive a call back, although that was listed as a next step regardless of the outcome.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any past management experience?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON
Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Ottawa, ON) in Feb 2020

Interview

-received an email for interview request. Scheduled couple of days later. the process was straight forward. was giving a verbal offer the same day and couple of days later digital copy of the of the offer letter was provided.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Ottawa, ON) in Jul 2018

Interview

Very casual they asked me about my experience and just seemed to want to get a feel for me more than anything. Accommodating with time of interview. Only one interview was required before offering me the position

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Ottawa, ON) in Feb 2015

Interview

I got an email from the hiring director and scheduled a time slot for telephone interview. The call was really short 7-8 minutes about my resume and also my area of interest. unfortunately I have not heard anything back from them after the call.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Ottawa, ON) in Jan 2009

Interview

The phone interview was really basic, just normal things such as what have you done in the past, skills and experiences, the best project you have worked on, and what your looking for. The 1:1 interview onsite had no technical questions during my time, all I did is explain what I did in the past and how I did it. So we just did a conversation and got the offer on the same day which was better than all the offers I got lying on the table. It is no longer like that anymore, the interview process sucks really hard right now. I am surprised at the technical questions you get now, they have nothing to do with the job and the person asking these questions doesn't even obide to those rules. All they do is get a recruiting book and pick a question from those books. The HR explained about the bonus structure which was at that time 30% of your salary multiplied by company performance (which was around 50% at that time). That is pretty good, considering it isn't tied to your individual performance. As well, if you perform individually, you get merit pay which is around $5000 yearly. This is all changed now, you get way less now. Since they have changed directions completely (after 4 years), The quality of employees they hire is not to par. They are just average developers that are just looking for a job to get paid. Not a job of excitement. If you want a job that isn't stressful something like the government but private sector and retire there, then it might be great. But don't expect innovation nor talent.

Interview Questions
  • What is the most difficult project you have worked?