Harris Computer Regional Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harris Computer Regional Sales Representative Interview Questions

Regional Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Dover, NH) in May 2008.

Interview

1) Initial Phone Interview for initial qualification; 2) 1:1 Interview (explaining nature of postion) 3) Presentation on how I would solicit new clients (consisting of an introductory letter and proposal).

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would prospect for sales in this industry.   1 Answer
  • How would your co-workers describe you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate the base salary (initially $50,000 for six months, then dropping to $40,000) or the commission (10% of gross sales up to quota, and increasing 15% after annual quota is achieved). During the interview process, I was told that I would be able to make up the difference in base salary through ongoing commissions. I tried to negotiate the base salary on the fact that the sales cycle is long (6 to 12 months). The interviewer explained that the sales cycle is really 3 to 6 months and was therefore not willing to negotiate. To make more, one must sell more. After nearly a year in this position, it is more realistic to say that the sales cycle is 6 to 12 months. I have sold several clients; however, the commission percentage and base salary still remain non-negotiable - even after subsequent discussions.