Harris County Juvenile Probation Department Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harris County Juvenile Probation Department

Sort:

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris County Juvenile Probation Department (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

It was average...some of the questions were great and answered to the best of my ability.How well do I work with others? If one of my employees wete mishandling his position how would I handle it?

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the company?   1 Answer

Juvenile Probation Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harris County Juvenile Probation Department (Houston, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online. About 1 week after positioned closed, I received a call to come in for interview. Greeted by someone at the front who provided me with a 2 page paper to complete with name, SS and signature. As well as a review of the job description. Met with a HR rep who led me to interview room where I met with supervisor of the hiring unit who conducted the interview alongside HR rep. Both ladies took turns asking a series of 6 questions, 3 each and wrote down my responses.

Interview Questions

• Something along the line of my knowledge of what HCJPD was doing when it comes to the delinquency process and how it compared to other states across the US.   1 Answer
    • STAR format questions about a time you handled a tough case. Why was it tough, how was it handled and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Staff Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Harris County Juvenile Probation Department (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Immediately I received an online test, which I passed with a very high school. A month later I was called for an interview. The questions were pretty easy. They wanted to know why you thought you could handle the job responsibilities and the atmosphere. I thought it was a pretty easy interview, however, I didn't receive a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the tools you can use when working with a difficult individual?   Answer Question

Juvenile Supervision Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Harris County Juvenile Probation Department (Houston, TX).

Interview

Took about 3 to 6 months to receive a call after filling out application. Felt it out and mailed in. After the interview had to wait for a call to come in for psych, math, reading, English test. After this you get a call to take drug and TB test, and to take prints. Then you wait a while almost 30 to 60 days for a training date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None If you have a degree you get more pay.

Juvenile Probation Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris County Juvenile Probation Department (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was pretty easy. Head people in the department interview you and they are nice and easy going. They ask you the usual general interview questions. Although, they are concerned with work history and if you can work in the position. The position does involve working with minors with a criminal records and can be dangerous.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding work history.   1 Answer

Staff Services II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris County Juvenile Probation Department (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I sat in front of two women and was asked a series of 6 questions. After the six questions were answered, I shook both of their hands and that concluded the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do i deal with work place issues with other employees   1 Answer

Juvenile Supervision Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris County Juvenile Probation Department (Houston, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process is straight forward. You will be asked various personality questions and work scenario based questions. You should know by the end of the interview whether you got the job or not. After the there is a bunch of filling out paperwork and going to take drug test and other assessments

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the youth asked you inappropriate questions?
      Why should they hire you.
      You will be asked question about what would you do in various situations.   Answer Question